migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Side Effects. Should we be more concerned??

+9
Kate
estre004
Ivy
AuntieBubbs
crt
LG
AZgirl
Paradox
pen
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Side Effects. Should we be more concerned?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Side Effects. Should we be more concerned??

Post  Stillhurtin Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:19 am

pen wrote:
I know, and at the end of the programme they said, if you have been effected by this subject of this programme...
But on there was a woman hooked on Codeine. She was taking 70 a day.
She is still trying to get off them. She doesn't get headaches though!!!
cheers

lol... I would bet at 70 a day she doesn't get ANY aches... Lol. I've topped out before at 6 a day and was alarmed. These 70 a day ppl are scarey!! afro affraid
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Side Effects. Should we be more concerned?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Side Effects. Should we be more concerned??

Post  pen Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:02 am

I cant take codeine at all. I used to be able to, but it makes me feel so weird now. I had it for IBS not migraines.

We have another article in the paper here. This time the lady has fibro, and they put her on a combo tablet. Paracetamol and 10mg codeine. she got hooked too..
They cant get her off them. She is down to 12 a day, but they told her she wold have to go to rehab, and she cant afford it.
She want the NHS to pay for it, as they put her on the drugs and didnt warn her or monitor her.

She now has breathing problems and feels it is due to many codeine.
I dont know, but I have never understood the druggies who want the effect from these things, that I hate.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Auntiebubbs - In reply to this law: Maybe it is just in Minnesota. I would assume it would be for the whole country though. I have no idea. I can't remember. It was in the newspaper maybe a month ago. It said that starting in the new year (2010), narcotic type drugs such as hydrocodone were going to be closely monitored so that people cannot be getting more than they should. It is interesting that when I got my prescription renewed this month, I need approval from my neuro before getting it refilled. In the past I always got 2 or 3 refills before needing approval I'm sure this has to do with the new law.If I can find the article or hear more about it, I will let you know. I guess they can tell if you are getting the same prescription filled by more than one doctor or taking more of the same drugs by getting refills from different doctors.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Estre, I'd be interested to know if it applies to all narcotics, or to certain schedule medications, or what. I'm interested because I may move from one part of CA to another soon, which would involve switching nuerologists, and I'll be interested to see if that would raise some kind of red flag with this new law.

I don't take hydrocodone, but I do take Stadol, which is a narcotic, but I don't think its the same class as hydrocodone. That's why I'm wondering if that law applies just to certain schedule narcotics.

Do let us all know if you find the article! Maybe in a new thread? (it's a bit off the original topic but I'm sure alot of people would be interested) Thanks!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:59 am

Hydrocodone is class 3 and stadol is class 4 in case it helps anyone. Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:57 am

AuntieBubbs - I'm sure it was for any narcotic or addictive drug. I will see if somehow I can find the article. Then I will start a new thread.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2