migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need advice!

2 posters

Go down

Need advice! Empty Need advice!

Post  Tamsha101 Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:11 pm

So I've been on disability and now partial disability since April 1 due to daily chronic migraine. Right now I am working about 32 hours a week. I still get daily symptoms, albeit they arent as bad as they were. I also dont get severe head pain, the pain is more or less in my neck and shoulders. I do though get other neurological symptoms ie. numbness, ear ringing, tingling, dizziness, and just feeling plain out of it. Some days are worse than others but I'm plugging through. My employer has been questioning me as to when I'll be back full-time. I don't see my neurologist again until November but I see my regular GP on Monday who usually helps me set my work schedule.

I am not sure if I should go full time now or not. If my problem is hormonal I could be living like this for a long time and it may be just my life now. How many of you work full time and struggle with this? Any advice?

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Need advice! Empty Re: Need advice!

Post  Migrainegirl Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:43 pm

I am still working full time, but have a fair amount of flexibility time wise. I think that's the key. While it might be nearly impossible to do 9-5 every day, it's often possible to do full time if you can work around your episodes. So if your job is one where schedule flexibility is possible, you might talk to your boss about that. Work at home is even better as you can often do flextime in the evenings or weekends to make up for an off day.

If it is not, you might want to find out what your boss has in mind. If they really need someone in your position full time, that could be a problem for you. Sometimes people do job sharing where two people split a 40 hour work week. Alternately, it could be your boss just wants to know so he/she can plan around it. Try to be honest up front about it, as it will be more of a problem if you say you are fine and then cant do the work.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down