migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 year old Neck Pain

3 posters

Go down

3 year old Neck Pain Empty 3 year old Neck Pain

Post  SamJohnson Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:45 am

My daughter has been having temporary neck pain on the same side of her neck for the last 9 months. We have had a CT Scan and an MRI and everything looks normal. She will wake up fine at 100% but then an hour and a half later she will say that her neck hurts and she stiffens up. When she takes a nap in the afternoon, she wakes up 100% and then may or may not have the stiff neck.

We took her to a Pediatric Neurologist who suggested that it was migraines. She was given Cyproheptadine for the last 4 months; but that has not helped. Another nerologist suggested that it was Vitamin D related and gave her Imitrex for when the pain begins, but that has not helped. Her mom and I have never had migraines. Ibuprofen seems to work if she will rest after taking it; but I can't give that to her everyday.

I just do not know what to do any more. Has anyone else had this experience. I'm just ready to have my little girl back.

thanks
sam

SamJohnson

Back to top Go down

3 year old Neck Pain Empty Re: 3 year old Neck Pain

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Have you had a chiropractor look at her? It could be a spinal misalignment. Worth at least checking.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:35 am

Cervical Spondylosis? a real pain in the neck
Ankolysing Spondylitis?
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome? previously known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down