migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pen's pain in the neck

3 posters

Go down

Pen's pain in the neck Empty Pen's pain in the neck

Post  Petzi Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Pen,
I noticed that you are lying low ... not too many posts from the irrepressible Pen these days.

I start to wonder if your neck pain is actually lumbago. Have you been to your GP about it? What did he say?

I get this every couple of years out of nowhere. The causes of lumbago are not really known (some say it could be a nerve that becomes trapped). Whatever might be the cause the result is out of control muscle spasms that feel like electric jolts shooting out in all directions. Usually I am barely able to move my head and cannot drive anymore because I am unable to turn my head to look left or right. More movement means more spasms, so any exercise is impossible.

It is relatively easily treated. Don't let your GP fob you off with a painkiller and a neck roll. What's needed is an injection into the affected muscles of a cocktail of muscle relaxants, painkillers and anti inflammatories/steroids.

Once on a less severe occasion I was given a couple of Diazepam (Valium) and that sorted things out. Valium isn't just an anti anxiety medication, but also a powerful muscle relaxant.

What you can do at home is to apply heat/cold (whatever feels more pleasant to you) and take a couple of Ibuprofen (Nurofen).

Be forceful with your GP. Don’t go there and ask … go there and demand!

You need to have this looked at

I hope you get better soon.

Love

P.

Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Pen's pain in the neck Empty neck

Post  dawn.binks Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:03 pm

pen, your neuroogist your under said about your neck so why isnt our gp following that up for the physio. as i sadi the other day you dont even have to wait for the gp but can self referr, if you want it treated.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Pen's pain in the neck Empty Re: Pen's pain in the neck

Post  pen Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:18 pm

Dawn,
Sorry having problems,not been on much.
Shall I tell you what I get out of seeing the Nero
NOTHING.
He offers drugs, I decline.

I probably wont bother going any more it is a waster of time and petrol
YES he is nice, but he isnt helping.

My neck.....
My migraine...
My myofascial pain
My Fibro.

No one is or has ever given me any help at all.

MAA ask for you to vote for your migraine hero...
That is so funny.
Not one person outside my family and this forum has ever given me any help at all.
I am on my own and not getting any better.

And as I said earlier, i am sick of pretending to be positive when I am not.
Who are we kidding?
My life is crap and what have I got to be positive about?

Maybe if I got a break I might feel different, but right now. No.
I am sick of no life and constant pain, and waking every morning and starting all over again.
I cant travel, seldom leave the house. What have ai got to be positive about?

I am my own pain in the neck, and it is driving me nuts.

Thanks Dawn.
P

pen

Back to top Go down

Pen's pain in the neck Empty hero

Post  dawn.binks Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:41 am

pen you can vote for a family member as your hero!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Pen's pain in the neck Empty pain

Post  dawn.binks Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:54 am

pen have you considered about that block injection you have been offered?
tha t would be worth tryign incase it helps, and the neuro did say about your neck and suggesting the physio which you can self referr so have a go! was very encouraged yesterday when i went to see someone about research into mig surgery theyve offered me. we chatted about all the mig research in this country andmig treatment and some of the issues that are raised on this forum. there is a lot of research going on by students in uni that get their results published in med journals they are beginning to look into gene therepy as well. organisations like mig trust put a lot of money into research and are doing a lot more for migraine than what we see. lots of info and have to write it down while i remember.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Pen's pain in the neck Empty Migraine hero

Post  Petzi Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:25 am

My migraine hero would be my husband and if I will continue to feel as good as I am feeling at the moment it will be Dr. Muehlberger as well.

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Pen's pain in the neck Empty Re: Pen's pain in the neck

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down