migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine flashing lights

4 posters

Go down

Migraine flashing lights Empty Migraine flashing lights

Post  QuestUK Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:13 am

Hello Everybody, I am new user to this website. Basically, I have been suffering frequently from Headaches and Migraines for about 3 to 4 years. However, the other day for the first time I saw a Blue flickering of light for just a few seconds while the Light was still on. Also just a few days ago I woke with witheye floaters. My question is all this Migraine related? Like Migraine with Aura or Vision migraine? I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

QuestUK

Back to top Go down

Migraine flashing lights Empty Re: Migraine flashing lights

Post  Kate Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:39 pm

I've had migraines for a long time and about a year ago or so, I started to get the blue and white flickering lights. It doesn't happen all the time but a lot. It is weird when you are going about your day and these things just pop up out of the blue.

Eye floaters are common as you age. I have quite a few.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Does anybody get these flickering lights for a whole day? I'll get them for 1-2 days.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  kathy Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:30 pm

The aura phase. Never had them, would have been nice to have a signal that the impending doom of the monster is at hand.
The serious thing about auras is that they can be linked to a heart issue. People with, I think it's mitral valve prolapse, had their valves fixed started reporting that their migraines stopped. The doctors did more studies and found that these patients were throwing tiny blood clots causing the aura. If you have auras you should get an ultrasound of the heart to rule this out.Ask your doctor for an echocardiogram.

Kate, everyone sees floaters from time to time. It's usually the viscus fluid in the eye. But you should get an eye exam to rule out any serious eye disease.
kathy

kathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:45 pm

My optomitrist said that eye floaters are normal with aging. The eye floaters that are normal are there all of the time. Once you get them, they are there forever.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  charmed quark Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:03 am

Most of the time I get flashes and sparks for just 20-30 minutes before the migraine starts. But I have had them all day - the migraine was trying to get going but didn't, I guess.

I have a lot of floaters but they don't seem to have anything to do with the migraines, except they bother me a lot more when I have a migraine.

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

Post  kathy Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 am

Floaters can be a sign of macular degeneration, or MS. So at least ask about them.
kathy

kathy

Back to top Go down

Post  charmed quark Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:25 am

Any sudden change, like a lot of new floaters, should be checked out.

In my case, because they keep suspecting MS, my eyes have been checked out like crazy for things like optic neuritits. I recently had an all-day eye exam at our local eye institute in Philly. Still completely normal.

Did you know they actually CAN remove the floaters? They suck out the eye gel - the vitreous humor - and replace it with saline or something. The eye gradually replaces it with new humor. It's called a vitrectomy! They can also zap the floaters with a laser. That sounds like fun.

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:03 am

I've never heard of them taking the floaters out but who would want to take that chance since anything could go wrong. Yes, there are floaters that aren't normal. I do realize that.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down