migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

frustrated- tired of fighting- warning- vent

3 posters

Go down

frustrated- tired of fighting- warning- vent Empty frustrated- tired of fighting- warning- vent

Post  sailingmuffin Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:44 am

Hi All,

I am really frustrated by the migraines and the fainting/falling spellsd right now. I am so tired of this and I don't know what to do anymore.

I was able to get away last weekend and go to the beach with some friends (my best friend drove us down.} and it was good to get away for a few days, especially since Mom has had such a difficult recovery. Also, because mom is still having a hard time, I can't really vent to her or Dad right now.

I know this one is partly caused by the beach trip. I usually get a bad migraine after an event like that. Yesterday and today I have had an absolutely horrible migraine. Very little is helping. Tylenol3, klonopin, and benedryl, which usually make it bearable arent touching it. I just want it to stop and I dont know what to do.

In addition, I have been fainting/falling quite a bit. I had one my worst spells yesterday at a friends house. I passed out sitting in a chair while we were talking, then I had some dry heaves, but it felt more like my stomach was jerking than the usual dry heaves, also my head kept jerking as well. It didn't last long. I turned to my friend and asked her what had happened- she told me and sort of demonstrated she said "it looked like you were trying to wake up, but you couldn't hold your head up and kept passing out." I took an extra dose of Klonopin and that seemed to help. I also had a few more of these over the course of the day. I am seriously beginning to question the diagnosis of Neurocardiogenic syncope. Dad said yesterday that once Mom improves, he is going to find out where they deal with this stuff (neurocardiogenic syncope and possible seizures- which will probably mean going to the Mayo Clinic, hopkins, or the cleaveland clinic.}

I am just so tired of dealing with this all the time. Fainting 4-1O times a day isn't fun. Right now the migraine pain level is about a 9 after meds.

I know it will get better, but I wish it would happen sooner rather than later. Thanks for letting me vent.

I'd love to hear any ideas, advice, etc. Not sure what I'd do without y'all.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

frustrated- tired of fighting- warning- vent Empty Re: frustrated- tired of fighting- warning- vent

Post  lissy Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:41 am

Hello.

I'm so sorry your having such an awful time. My migraines have gotten worse over the last week as well - thought I was on the up hill and then back down to reality. Its hard staying positive, I know. Do you have a photo or memory of a happy time - maybe your trip to the beach? Sometimes just looking at something that makes you smile can help lift your mood. It helps me sometimes. I have a photo of my little niece who has the biggest smile ever on her face and just looking at that makes me smile - I can't help but smile and have a little laugh inside. Doesn't make the pain go away but it does give me that extra strength I need sometimes.

Best of luck and I hope your feeling better soon.
Lissy
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

frustrated- tired of fighting- warning- vent Empty Re: frustrated- tired of fighting- warning- vent

Post  Kate Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:54 pm

I know how you feel. I'm sick of this crap too... Going on two weeks of migraines. I get tired of fighting them too. Still feeling like crap, today I went somewhere fun. But it is hard to really enjoy yourself 100% with a migraine. I hate these things.........

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down