migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible migraine- don't know what to do- frustrated (warning-vent)

3 posters

Go down

Horrible migraine- don't know what to do- frustrated (warning-vent) Empty Horrible migraine- don't know what to do- frustrated (warning-vent)

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi All,

I have an absolutely horrendous migraine. The kind that makes me want to bang my head against a wall. I just don't what to do anymore. THe pain level is around a 9.5. In addition to the migraines, the fainting is also pretty bad. One reason that I am so frustrated right now is that we can't pin point a cause for the fainting, nor have we found a good treatment yet. I am having a loop recorder implanted next week to see if there are any problems with the heart. The dr did say that stimulants would be the next thing to try, so we will talk about that when I see him for sugery.

The headache is horrible right now and I'm not sure what to do. The MSContin takes the edge off, but that is all. The pain isn't under control at all. I am definitely going to talk to my pain doctor about this, because this pain and fainting prevent me from doing things that I love to do. All I know right now is that we have to get this under a little more control. I know that this dr hates to change the dose or medication. I am keeping a headache journal so he will be able to see the numbers in black and white- maybe that will help some. I am also going to talk to my neurologist and see if he would be willing to touch base with the pain dr.

I have contemplated going to the ER for this one, because you never know what you will get- in addition the wait and stress of the ER doesn't help the headache that much. I may see about scheduling an IV though. Right now, I think the only thing to do is go ahead and take the neght medications and hope that a good nights sleep will help. I just hate having to deal with all of this at the same time,.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'd love any advice you might have.

Pain free days,
sailing muffin
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Horrible migraine- don't know what to do- frustrated (warning-vent) Empty Re: Horrible migraine- don't know what to do- frustrated (warning-vent)

Post  Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 pm

hi sailing,

sorry i don't have much advice. do what you need to do, and good luck with the monitor.

i had mine taken out about 3 weeks ago.

no magic bullet for my syncope. more appointments.

good luck, and get that head pain under control as much as you can.

king

Back to top Go down

Horrible migraine- don't know what to do- frustrated (warning-vent) Empty Re: Horrible migraine- don't know what to do- frustrated (warning-vent)

Post  LG Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:44 pm

sailingm.
you are so nice. even when you are really frustrated and angry, you are kind.
i'm sorry that you are suffering because your a really nice person and don't deserve this bs.
wish I had more advice for you other than just go to the ER. I know it sucks, but you
should get some relief if your at 9.5.

I'm thinking about you and hoping you get better. I love you (i know this icon says I love you,
but I like to use it as the international feel better icon!)
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:43 am

Oh, sailingm, I'm so sorry. Just want you to know you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi All,

Thanks so much for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. The headache is still bad- around a nine. I have also fainted way too much today. I think there has to be some link between the migraines and fainting spells- though I have no idea what that might be. I do know that the fainting is worse when my pain level is high.

I am going to do nmy best to avoid the ER for now. There is also a big storm moving this way- with possibilities of snow, so going to the ER doesn't seem like the best plan. I think I can wait it out. If I need to go, I will, though. I have surgery to implant a loop recorder next Tuesday and maybe that will show something or lead to answer as to what is causing the fainting problems.

Right now, the only thing I can do is try to get through this one as best I can with the meds I have here. I will call my neuro to see if he any ideas on how to handle this one.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down