migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy moments

2 posters

Go down

Happy moments Empty Happy moments

Post  Mini Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:24 am

I wonder if people who suffer from migraines know how to appreciate simple pleasures in life much better then healthy people, who take such things for granted.

I mean ordinary simple things, simple pleasures like: a walk in the countryside, planting some flowers in the garden and watching them bloom, meeting your best friend for coffee, stroking a cat, cooking a favourite dish, or just watching the clouds floating in the summer sky...

I find myself beaming with quiet joy at times, feeling extremely happy for no reason at all, just because I saw a lovely butterfly, or a passing stranger said hallo and smiled - I know this sounds sentimental and silly, but I find that many, many such little things can make me very happy.
I thought maybe this is because I have to give up already so many things in life as consequence of my health problems and headaches, that I cannot plan any "big" pleasures or events any more for fear of it going wrong.
So, instead I just let life surprise me with these nice little things.

I wonder if anyone else feels the same?
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Happy moments Empty Re: Happy moments

Post  BigM Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:21 am

I know what you mean.
Sometimes I find myself happy for no apparent reason at all, and ask myself why.
Then I realise that I should just be happy that I'm happy, so then I am.
The thing I really find strange though, is being happy for no other reason that I'm not unhappy. I guess normally people take too much for granted and never realise how good the things they have are until something makes them look at their lives from a different point of view.

BigM

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:15 am

Thank you for sharing the happy experiences - I also agree that we need to appreciate what we can and never take anything good for granted.

And welcome to our froum, BigM, I hope you will visit often.
This is a very friendly and calming place for people who know all about living with migraine and all kinds of pain.
Looking forward to getting to know you better.

BTW, I live in UK in case you wonder.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down