migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap romantic ideas needed

+4
Paradox
Stillhurtin
Brenda
LG
8 posters

Go down

Cheap romantic ideas needed Empty Cheap romantic ideas needed

Post  LG Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi everyone

It is my 2nd wedding anniversary next Monday. I have plans to use some gift certificates we have left over from Christmas so we can go out to dinner and see a movie during the evening. I was also thinking of making baked eggs and bacon, crepes and raspberry champagne for breakfast in bed.

I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas of something sweet to do I love you
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Cheap romantic ideas needed Empty Re: Cheap romantic ideas needed

Post  Brenda Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Maybe a nice candle lit massage? Hubby has back problems and aways appreciates a good rub down. Don't forget to blow out the candles if you doze off though. A house fire would definitely kill the mood. hehe
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:54 pm

My idea is a cute home-made card (maybe with pictures of the 2 of you pre-marriage??) and a nice note about why you fell in love with him and the importance of remembering the connection the two of you found pre-Gia (b/c once you have kids its easy to lose sight of that as the role of parent takes presedence)
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:31 am

The eggs sound yummy. Thanks for putting up the link.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 am

They do! I've never tried it, but my husband loves things with cheese, cream and eggs so I figure it will be a hit. I'll skip the scallions though because he's scared of onions LOL. It's also extremely simple and I'm no good in the kitchen so it works for me Smile

The back massage sounds great, I'm definitely going to do that!

And Jessica, I'd do the card but my husband is not a good reader so I figure i'll write something out and try to memorize it. I may not be able to, so it might turn into a speech instead Rolling Eyes but that was a nice idea too. It's too bad we have close to no pictures of us together before the marriage. All of them are in frames right now around the house. Wish I would have taken more...
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:05 am

How about having a sitter take Gia in the evening and be all set up in something slinky with candles lit for when he comes home from work?
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:12 am

I thought about that! The thing is my slinky things don't quite fit anymore and I spent a fortune on them(they will soon though, I'll make sure of it!)! They are usually very expensive and I don't have the money this time around. I am not a good shopper though, so maybe someone has some suggestions on stores that have lower cost nighties?

I've tried target, walmart and kmart. Unfortunately they no longer sell lingerie. I believe there was a time when they had. I tried the local adult store and they are astronomically expensive, just like Victoria Secret. I haven't tried the mall, it's a distance and they are usually overpriced on everything else so I don't want to waste a trip to come home with nothing...

Darn these extra 15lbs... Laughing
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:04 pm

Go parking. Wink

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:40 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
WHatever you went with, I hope you're having a blast and enjoying one-another =)
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jana Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Happy Anniversary! I hope you both had a fabulous time today Very Happy

Jana

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Well, how did it go? Did he like the eggs?

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Yeah how was it?
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:48 pm

It's not until this monday guys! I should have posted the date initially LOL

Thanks for the happy wishes though Smile
Got me confused, I had to check the calendar myself to make sure I didn't screw up!
I got really scared like, did I miss it!??!?!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Nicole, try some discount retailers for for lingerie. Like TJ Max, Ross, Burlington Coat Factory, or Nordstrom Rack if any of those are near you. Try Kohl's too, sometimes they are cheaper. If they have Lohmann's where you live, try Lohmann's.

Other romantic ideas: a picnic if you live in an area where you can have picnics at this time of the year. By a lake or a woodsy stream if possible Smile

A couple's massage can be inexpensive if you go to a "discount" massage place like Massage Envy or The Massage Place (we have those here, I don't know if you have them though). Massage Envy runs specials all the time, an hour massage is like $35; you could do you and hubby together for maybe $60?

That might be too expensive, I know you're on a budget so I totally understand.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:04 pm

So a HUGE rain storm is pouring down right now and my head is in shambles today..the day of my anniversary. I have no meds either, so I'm really falling apart. I still managed breakfast though. I skipped champagne and raspberries and opted for sparkling grape and raspberries instead. Still very good Smile

I killed my head in the kitchen, but I think hubs appreciated it. It was all the strength I had for the day. Breakfast turned out wonderful. The eggs were great, I substituted swiss with asiago because of price and it was delicious. I was shocked at myself because with my m and cooking skills I'd have never thought i'd do as good as I had done.

I think we are doing applebees take-out and a movie at home. My mom is going to watch the baby for us, but I know I can't handle the movie theatre and I don't think I'll do so well with the lights and sounds at the restaurant either. It's a shame..but ahh, gotta love the life.

Thank god we did massages last night. I know I can't handle it tonight.

On the plus side, I had never known rain and barometrics to be a trigger. Never put two and two together until yesterday when the storm started coming in. I realized it then and started planning around it. I had an feeling that weather had something to do with it when the big snow hit and I was cooped up with a bad head but this confirms it. At least now I can be prepared.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:52 pm

Long Island is notorious for barometric triggers. I'm sorry your anniversary wasn't exactly as you planned but sometimes it's better that way.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm sorry your day wasn't what you expected. It sounds like you made the best of a bad situation though. Migraineurs are probably the most flexible with schedules. Smile
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks guys Smile

Yeah Long Island this winter has been quite a crazy season. Lots of snow and rain, which I guess is messing with me. I don't know anything about barometrics. I guess I should learn now. Time to break out the google skills again LOL

Sucks, the rain went away and I got my lady time BAD. I stopped my BC last month so this is my first month without it and boy oh boy I'm suffering. I'm really thankful for my heating pad in times like this! I don't know what i'd do without it. I'm secretly wishing for another one! I knew it was going to be bad, I felt it coming for 4 days prior. Could have contributed to the migraine as well most definitely. My head is on and off now.

At least its off sometimes! Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Glad your anniversary went well, Nicole! Sorry the weather is bothering you (the rain always aggravates my migraines too), hope it doesn't get too bad for you.

Hope the dr. appt. goes well Friday!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down