migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symptoms of your migraines?

2 posters

Go down

Symptoms of your migraines? Empty Symptoms of your migraines?

Post  xMissyMaex Thu May 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi, I'm new here and I was just wondering what everyone's symptoms are and how bad the pain ranges from. Also some triggers. Mine are usually triggered by extreme heat, going quite some time without eating enough, not enough water, stress, hormones...etc. The symptoms I usually get are my hand will start to go numb, I'll see visual disturbances, or I'll just feel really...you know OFF that day. Rarely I get migraines that the visual disturbances aren't there for long, and won't be that bad at all, but now they get worse each time and have almost been hospitalized for the last few. Also a whole side of myself can go numb and even my mouth. I have medication for when these happen now, but they're so scary pale

xMissyMaex

Back to top Go down

Symptoms of your migraines? Empty Re: Symptoms of your migraines?

Post  Brenda Thu May 12, 2011 10:52 pm

What you describe are probably hemaphregic (spelling WAY off) migraines which include stroke like symptoms. I don't get those. I get classic migraine and hardly ever get an aura. Often i wish I did, so that I could know they were coming and could make sure I was home and medicated when the pain hit.

My symptoms are many including, but not limited to: hormones, weather changes, not eating on time, not enough sleep, nutrasweet aka aspartame, stress, bright lights especially flickering ones..like sunlight through trees when driving, chemical type odors, too much citrus, etc, etc.

My symptoms also vary a bit depending on the migraine but include: severe head pain, nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light, sensivity to sound, blurred vision, dizzyness, not thinking clearly, chills, sweating, diarrhea, etc.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down