migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to receive disabilty if your spouse income is above average?

3 posters

Go down

Is it possible to receive disabilty if your spouse income is above average? Empty Is it possible to receive disabilty if your spouse income is above average?

Post  Peggy Thu May 12, 2011 1:16 pm

I've suffer with migraines for many years, since I was twelve. I'm 42 and never was able to keep a job because of too many missed days. I was told that I might not be elgible for disabilty because of my husband's income. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not, if someone know anything about disabilty please reply. I file once and was denied.

Peggy

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to receive disabilty if your spouse income is above average? Empty Re: Is it possible to receive disabilty if your spouse income is above average?

Post  chrissygirl Thu May 12, 2011 6:13 pm

For what I know it does not matter what he makes, you not being able to work and make money for yourself is the issue.

Last edited by chrissygirl on Fri May 13, 2011 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total

chrissygirl

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to receive disabilty if your spouse income is above average? Empty Re: Is it possible to receive disabilty if your spouse income is above average?

Post  somebodyhealme Thu May 12, 2011 6:35 pm

The income issue affects your ability to receive Supplemental Security Income, but not to qualify for Social Security Disability Income. It's confusing, but there are two parts of the Social Security Disability program.
somebodyhealme
somebodyhealme

http://somebodyhealme.dianalee.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down