migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do you get moral support from your spouse/boyfriend or girlfriend.

5 posters

Go down

do you get moral support from your spouse/boyfriend or girlfriend. Empty do you get moral support from your spouse/boyfriend or girlfriend.

Post  Greeneyes Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:55 pm

I'm having an awful time..I've been really sick and my husband has not been nice at all..I just want to cry...I want him to tell me eyerything will be okay. Sorry, I'm just really brokenhearted..been praying, at lot.

Thanks for always understanding and being there for me.

blessings,
greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

do you get moral support from your spouse/boyfriend or girlfriend. Empty Re: do you get moral support from your spouse/boyfriend or girlfriend.

Post  Paradox Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:05 pm

Greeneyes,

I'm sorry. Even when we have good support this beast is so isolating. I don't like being hateful, but when people don't understand I do find myself wishing a week long migraine on them.

Sending you cyber hugs. I love you
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

do you get moral support from your spouse/boyfriend or girlfriend. Empty Re: do you get moral support from your spouse/boyfriend or girlfriend.

Post  Richard Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Howdy Wendy

I know your pain. I hear your frustration at inadequate and ineffective medical treatment. It really, really sucks to be a chronic migrainer.

I also remember all your posts about how VERY much you value and adore your husband, your marriage, your family, and your children. AND I have seen the look of love for you in your husband's eyes.

If your husband is not being as supportive as you would like right now.....

Stop and take MANY deep breaths. Something else is going on here. He has been right there - supporting you, loving you, being THERE for you - for so many years now.

If you perceive his current behavior as being unsupportive, something else is going on. With you or with him.

Take a huge step back, a significant time out, and feel your way through this one. He may need something from you right now ... he may be hurting himself in some way right now.

I KNOW it is tough as the Devil to rise up out of ourselves when we are hurting and drunken to think of others. I KNOW THAT very, very well. But now, with your husband, you may need to do just that ... think of him, focus on him and his needs right now. Your marriage is so very valuable to you. This may be the time in your life to really stretch out your heart and embrace him and his needs. Because this post of yours is WAY off base from every otehr post from you over the years.

Deep breaths, time out, loving concern, stretch your heart. Easy? No way!!!! Necessary? YES!!!!

I am grateful that I am writing this post to a strong and beautiful woman. You CAN look outside this disease and really look at your fine husband. He needs you now .... even more than you need him now. You CAN do this!

Wendy, my friend, HANG IN THERE !!!!!!!
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Richard, you are wise. I read your initial post yesterday, Wendy, and didn't know how to reply. Richard nailed it.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:01 am

Actually, Richard's advice is something for all of us with a significant other to consider. We're so often feeling so rotten ourselves that we forget our loved ones may be suffering too but may not want to burden us with their needs. It gave me something to think about.

Wendy, I hope things work out. You're in my prayers.

Thanks, Richard! I love you flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down