migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My fear finally came true....lost my job!

+5
Paradox
rileyoday
Tamsha101
marion
hunter46
9 posters

Go down

My fear finally came true....lost my job! Empty My fear finally came true....lost my job!

Post  hunter46 Tue May 10, 2011 2:51 pm

So as you all know i was so affraid of loosing my job, for being out too much in the past 5 months of being their. Well, it has finally happened.. I was let go last week. it was really hard for me to get out of bed and function for the week but am now getting/feeling somewhat better! I am hoping that maybe I can just watch some kids this summer and see how that works for me since i just got my first round of botox and the neuro said that it may not go into effect until the second time around!!!

I'm trying to stay positive and remember to be thankful for everything that i do have!!! I hope everyone else is doing well/or better than I!!! Talk to you guys soon.

Kerri
hunter46
hunter46

Back to top Go down

My fear finally came true....lost my job! Empty Re: My fear finally came true....lost my job!

Post  marion Tue May 10, 2011 6:52 pm

That's not good that you lost your job, good that your feeling better.

I have never been able to decide if stopping work would help or not. Having no choice, except by destroying my marriage and losing house etc, there hasn't been the chance to find out.

In retrospect I think for me it was probably for the best. There have been times over the years that I would happily crawled into bed and never come out especially if I had lost my house.

I will always have the doubt though that if I had managed to stop work for even a while things might have been better on my health.

So your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't.

But for you good luck on the path that your boss chose for you - hope the rest does make a difference!!! Let us know.

marion
marion

Back to top Go down

My fear finally came true....lost my job! Empty Re: My fear finally came true....lost my job!

Post  Tamsha101 Tue May 10, 2011 9:26 pm

I am SO sorry! Big hugs to you! I can't imagine how hard it's been. It's my greatest fear as well. Even though I've been at my job for 10 years and they have been supportive with my migraine issues the past 6 months, I fear the same. The temp that they hired to fill in for me is very good at her (my) job - actually, in a lot of ways MORE skilled - younger too of course. I admit to feeling very threatened.

My mom used to always say things happen for a reason. I guess when all this crap happens to us we have to look for THAT reason. Personally, I'm still looking! Very Happy

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

My fear finally came true....lost my job! Empty Lost job

Post  rileyoday Wed May 11, 2011 7:36 am

I lost my job in late 06. Then 07,08 I got even worse. Since you worked so long you should consider applying for your SSI.

You can apply online and the sooner you start the better, for many reason. I hope you feel better without the pressure of work on you.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed May 11, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that
I think all of us who work have the same fear. Definitely get the ball rolling on SSI and remember that most folks are turned down the first time, but get it on the second or third try.

I admire your positive attitude! Stay strong.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissygirl Wed May 11, 2011 3:30 pm

I lost three jobs due to my chronic headaches and migraines. I ended up applying for disability. That alone was almost a two year fight, but i got it. I knew that I no longer had control over my pain, it was winning. You spend so much energy and time trying to get yourself well for work that in the long run you are just making yourself sicker. You are pushing against your body just to work that it tells you NO and you end up having to give in to that. I got so sick from the pushing and forceing myself. My health was a serious mess. I am just now starting to get better. This all happened in late 2009 and here we are in 2011. Its not worth it.

Hubby and I had to learn to ask for help and live very, very simple. I mean simple, basic needs. It was worth me being home and WELL.

chrissygirl

Back to top Go down

Post  hunter46 Thu May 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Just want to say thanks to everyone for listening to me!!! I am going to go back to the dr and let her know that this is the 4th job i've lost due to my migraines....I am going to look into filling for disability. Again thank you guys for your support!!
hunter46
hunter46

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissygirl Thu May 12, 2011 2:38 pm

Make sure to tell your doc about your jobs and express how much the pain in preventing you from working and keeping a job. This was a top key factor in me getting my disability. They had my doc fill out an form telling of if my pain was really that bad and if I could work a job in their opinion. I told everyone I could talk to about, even if I thought it did not matter. My GYN, Endcro doc and neuro doc. I made sure they knew that I really wanted to work but calling into work once a week and going home early like two times a week was not working.

chrissygirl

Back to top Go down

Post  somebodyhealme Thu May 12, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm so sorry. Sad I lost two jobs that I very much so loved and haven't been able to return to work. I hope you'll be able to qualify for disability to fill in the gap in your income. It's such a horrible feeling to have things come to that point. It took me years and much therapy to finally come to terms with the way chronic migraines have interrupted my life.
somebodyhealme
somebodyhealme

http://somebodyhealme.dianalee.net

Back to top Go down

My fear finally came true....lost my job! Empty lost my job

Post  dizzyflower Sun May 15, 2011 9:08 am

Sorry you have had to go through this too. Hope you manage to get some rest and start to feel some relief.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Fri May 20, 2011 7:16 pm

So sorry to hear about the job loss. Depending on how bad off your migraines are, you might be able to find something you could do from home. At least that would allow you to have a flexible schedule so you could work around the headaches better.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down