migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Articles

2 posters

Go down

New Articles Empty New Articles

Post  lrobb98 Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi...We have put a # of new articles on(the first page) of http://www.headachedrugs.com Larry Robbins,M.D.

lrobb98

Back to top Go down

New Articles Empty Re: New Articles

Post  LG Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:59 pm

I messaged you in response to a study you had put up on your webpage. Did you get that
message?
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  lrobb98 Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:24 pm

No, I did not, sorry...LR

lrobb98

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:24 pm

No worries, don't apologize! I have heard that some messages on here do not go through. I don't
see it in my saved box either. I will compile the information again and post it unless you'd
like me to send it somewhere else. I'd prefer to put it up because it may be of interest to others.

I believe if I remember correctly it was about migraines with or without aura after childbirth, however
I don't recall the exact study name and since there are so many on your site (thank you for the
wonderful source of information you provide!) it may take me a bit to find it. It was preliminary
data and I had a few questions about the study in the long term. It seemed inconclusive to me, but
all this is very new and I'm still getting aquanted with medical terms and reading study-type writings.

Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge your website offers. I wish I were closer, I'd love to be a
patient of yours. Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Dr. R.,

For ARB use, you may want to look at Cozaar, Diovan, or Atacand.

From what I've been told and read, the strength ARBs follows....Diovan, Cozaar, Atacand, Benicar (last two are about the same).

Difference is that Benicar can cause a very strong headache (from experience).

In calcium channel blockers, verapamil seems rather weak, while Norvasc will produce a headache. Cardizem CD seems to be a good in-between.

Any news about mild congnative impairment coming out regarding migraine, stroke, small vessel disease and medications to treat migraine?

Topamax along with benzos can be a bad combination for MCI.

Just some thoughts.

Take care.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down