migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lab Test Results

5 posters

Go down

Lab Test Results Empty Lab Test Results

Post  McCabeRoad Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Hello everyone.
I have suffered from migraines since I was 26 years old, I am now 54. THey started when a few years after I had a total hysterescomy, I have no overies or anything related to them!
Last week I started with a new doctor and she took blood tests.
My lab tests results reveal that I have NO testosterone, NO estrogen, NO progenterone, and a low thyroid hormone level.
Does anyone think that this could be why I have such terrible migraines so often and why I am deeply exhausted all the time?
Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
McCabeRoad
McCabeRoad
McCabeRoad

Back to top Go down

Lab Test Results Empty Re: Lab Test Results

Post  Brenda Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:49 pm

While I'm not a doctor, it would make sense to me that since migraines can be hormone related, having NO hormones could definitely be causing you problems. I hope you find they get better when you get your levels straightened out. Good luck to you!
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi McCabeRoad and welcome. I believe this may have a lot to do with it. I have gotten significant relief from taking a natural progestone pill. I saw a new GYN today who specializes in natural and bio identical hormones. He is also testing my estrogen and testosterone levels for this reason. I will find out results next month. What does your doctor recommend for the low/non existent hormone levels?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  McCabeRoad Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:51 am

My doctor has prescribed bio identical hormones in a cream that she has the pharmacy compound, and she has me taking a thyroid hormone called Thyrocsin and a pure magnesium that is also compounded at the pharmacy.
Today I am getting over a bad migraine, still feel the "echo" of it on the right side of my shoulders, neck and head into my eye.
I think that the Maxalt I took last night has helped but not completely. Hoping that the new meds will get me healthy again.
How about you? Whats your sotries?
McCabeRoad
McCabeRoad

Back to top Go down

Lab Test Results Empty re:lab test results

Post  dailyha-rose Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:19 pm

hi and welcome!

just going thru a 5 day M. i have had M. since i was a liitle girl. worst of them started in 1992 and continue on (and on).

just had a hysterectomy in jan. they took my uterus, tubes and ovaries. before surgery, i had daily headaches and a migraine 1-2 times a week.

after surgery, daily headaches are even more painful and the migraines are now 2-5 days in length.
pain is worse and vomiting worse too.

dr. asked me today about hrt. while i was talking thru the tears i said i was afraid of hrt. and i was trying the natural supplements and vitamins. he did not think they would help and might even have the increased headache/migraine affect as hrt. i totally forgot about bioidenticals until i read your post. thank you for mentioning it. i see my neuro. next week to discuss all this.

i like my dr. but really can't imagine trying anything that might increase my pain, not even for a day.

i will let you know what happens with me in this situation. maybe it can help someone else too.

hope to hear from you again and that you achieve good results.

rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Lab Test Results Empty Hi there:

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:26 pm

I've just looked up Thyrocsin online. It states that this is a "supportive" therapy for hypothyroidism. Are you taking a thyroid hormone as well? I only ask as I have hypothyroidism and am taking Synthroid (presc.) Is your doctor a natural doctor? She sounds quite informed on the natural products.

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:08 pm

From what I have read bio- identical is very important with any HRT. It has definitely helped me. The progesterone I am taking is in capsule form. Dr Haskell who posted here recently said he believed the oral form was much better than the cream in terms of how your body processes it. So If you don't get results from the cream you might want to try an oral form.

Magnesium is also good, as is vitamin D if you haven't looked into that.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  McCabeRoad Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Yes, my doctor is a Natrualist MD however, she is not so much so that she wouldnt prescribe "Meds". I went to her for migraines and she immediatly tested the hormones! I think that is pretty cool!
No, I am not taking a Thyroid medicine. And I really do not like the creams because I have to be careful of transfer. That stuff can't TOUCH my child, pets or husband!
I'd rather take a pill.
McCabeRoad
McCabeRoad

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:25 am

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the migraines, but glad you found us.

I think the low thyroid can definitely exhaust you. My mother has graves and it is pretty uncontrolled, when the thyroid is low, she is completely exhausted.

I think the hormone thing is good- give the cream a try, and if that doesn't work, you can ask about the pills or a patch. Also, ask about some migraine abortives or something to get you through if you need it.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  McCabeRoad Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:26 pm

I have tried all the abourtive, Maxalt is the only one that worked most of the time, however it costs so much I cannot afford it.
Right now I am cold turkey! No meds at all for migraine.
And I am allergic to codine so that kind of pain killer is out too.
Weeeeeeeeee! cheers
McCabeRoad
McCabeRoad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down