migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe's MRI results

5 posters

Go down

Zoe's MRI results Empty Zoe's MRI results

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:02 am

I heard from the Pediatric Neuro the day after the MRI's! That scared me, but it was all good. No small strokes as they feared. I will have to ask about Chiari when we have our appointment in a few weeks. I feel so relieved. Of course, I know that doesnt change her migraines, just makes them less scary. Sometimes I wish I didnt know so much..
Happy New Year,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Zoe's MRI results Empty Re: Zoe's MRI results

Post  Paradox Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:12 am

That would be frightening to get the results so soon. You must have been panicking for those few moments until they told you the outcome.

I'm glad it turned out well.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:10 am

Thanks, Charlotte. This Neuro is a keeper! I hope he will keep seeing her after she turns 18, since she is about to turn 17. I have never had a neuro I liked and I have seen many!
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:11 pm

How is Zoe doing in general? I too, am glad the MRI was normal.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:21 am

Hi, Risa.
Zoe is doing OK. She still seems depressed to me, but she hates Winter. She is still seeing a counselor every 2weeks and a Psychiatrist for meds.She has not had as many migraines with the 2 weeks off school (had extra because of weather). It breaks my heart, she is so smart and pretty.

She is almost done with her makeup work. She had one teacher (Math) who is making her make up every assignment, quiz and test. All the other teachers were gracious since she is normally a very serious student. Can I brag a little and say that she took the PSAT shortly after the hospitalization, and scored in the 99th percentile of all juniors who took it. I guess the meds arent affecting her thinking. I pray this is enough to get a Merit scholorship since my husbands business is not doing well. Hope you are well.
Hugs. Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:37 am

Cindy,
Glad that your daughter's MRI results are normal.

Will continue to pray for your daughter.

How are you doing dear Cindy?

Love and Blessings,
Greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Thanks for asking Wendy. I am haning in there. My husband and I went through a bad patch due to all the stress of finances and Zoe's illness, but we are back on track. I am exhausted from trying to work more to help out. I am applying for a second job as a teaching assistant. I dont really want to, but I dont want to lose our house either.

My husband is not very tolerant of extended illness! I was very ill with Lyme for the past 10 years. Better now, but still not good. Add that to the migraines.. But, the new job, I can accept each job daily or not and i dont have to talk to a person. It is a recording. I hate having to tell people I am ill. I have spent too many years doing it. But, I am grateful for every day I can work. Especially knowing how many here cant. You too are always in my prayers, Wendy. You so deserve some pain free days.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:19 am

Cindy, did you get the job at the health food store? I'm sorry things have been so rough for you and your family! Glad nothing glaring was found in Zoe's MRI, but I know how it is to want answers.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:06 am

Hi, Cheryl. Sorry, I just saw your post. I did not take the job at the Health Food Store because I did not feel that I could be available reliably. This job, I just decide every morning if I am up for it! My sister is doing this and gets 5-10 calls each morning. I like being able to choose which job I want.

I live in Fairfax County, which is one of the largest school systems in the country. I will also keep doing petsitting since the pay is so much better. It remains to be seen if I can do both without a relapse of severe Lyme symptoms. I felt pretty badly after the holiday petsitting rush! Right now, I have a very strange petsitting job.

I was taking care of this man's 2 cats while he went away a few weeks/month for cancer treatment. Unfortunatly, he passed away. He was not married and his closest relative is his brother who is stationed in Afghanistan! So, I am taking care of orphan cats in a good sized house. It is so sad.The cats are old and dont know whats going on. I try to stay as long as I can each day. I hope you can make a new plan for Anna. She is always in my prayers.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:24 am

Thank you, Cindy.

That is a very sad story! Poor kitties.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom