migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

they have a profile for their kid on FaceBook.

4 posters

Go down

they have a profile for their kid on FaceBook. Empty they have a profile for their kid on FaceBook.

Post  justmeK Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:18 am

Ok, so I know many people post pictures and things of their kids on Facebook. I have my albums at time that select people can see. But I don't do the thing where you can put your kids name, ages and even birthdate, don't think that is safe.

But now I have come across some people who have profiles for their kids! I am talking separate profiles for toddlers. What would the purpose be? Granted they are often private so that people cannot view all the details on the kids. But still I would not want a searchable profile that shows my kid's full name and their picture and that has mostly adults (I would hope friend's of the parents) as the facebook friends. This seems a little unsafe to me in this day and age. And I hardly see the point. It is not like a toddler can update their facebook page. Am I missing something?
justmeK
justmeK

Back to top Go down

they have a profile for their kid on FaceBook. Empty Re: they have a profile for their kid on FaceBook.

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:07 am

I agree whole heartedly agree with you. The protection of our kids should be our ultimate goal. I love cool little things like putting pic's on postage stamps, but I thought that would go to far into my identifying my family to strangers.

I think it's kind of cuckoo to do a profile with a FULL NAME for a child on FB.

Charlotte

Last edited by paradox on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

they have a profile for their kid on FaceBook. Empty Re: they have a profile for their kid on FaceBook.

Post  alli Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:53 am

It's like when you see people driving around with license plate holders that say, Jimmy and Melissa's Mom.... Gee ya really want to give the pedophiles your kids name that easily? I remember when my kids were in little league, we could not put their first names on their uniforms, just last names. I don't know what people are thinking or not thinking.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

they have a profile for their kid on FaceBook. Empty they have a profile for their kid on FaceBook.

Post  crt Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Nothing like painting a bull's eye on yourself and family! Might as well post their social security numbers too, while they're at it. It amazes me how folks are so lax about their own security.

It reminds me of some of the folks on the bus. They talk in a loud voice for all to hear, noting that they just purchased a new _____, their address, when they'll be at work. If I were a thief, and if it's not an intentional sting, I have just received all the information I need to go rob a house and probably get away with it. I'm sure the victims would not have a clue as to who robbed them. Geez.

Things are tough enough. We don't need to help the thieves, pedophiles, stalkers, killers by freely giving them information to use against us.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down