migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triptans don't work for me

+11
stephgood
teppy000
sailingmuffin
smartandy007
30yrsofheadache
EvilFluorescents
tortoisegirl
Migrainegirl
Enigma
rileyoday
Jangel
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Triptans don't work for me - Page 2 Empty Re: Triptans don't work for me

Post  Migrainegirl Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:33 pm

Thanks for the good links!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  McCabeRoad Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:06 am

They do not work for me either!
McCabeRoad
McCabeRoad

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Question for those of you taking Triptans. Do they really abort a headache? As in make it stop completely? Or do they just dull the pain a bit? How long does it last? That is do you get a temporary remission, or real honest to goodness headache is all gone solution?

I just want to make sure my expectations aren't overblown because so far they haven't done that much for me.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jangel Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:48 am

Migraine Girl~

As my original post said, the triptans I have tried (3 so far) have not really worked for me. At best, they have dulled the pain. Maybe once or twice have put the kabash on the migraine, but 90% of the time they have done nothing.

I appreciate the advice to try all the triptans, but they are expensive and I am reluctant and doubtful that they will help.

Gotta run.

Peace!
Jane
Jangel
Jangel

Back to top Go down

Post  somebodyhealme Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:20 pm

Migrainegirl wrote:Question for those of you taking Triptans. Do they really abort a headache? As in make it stop completely? Or do they just dull the pain a bit? How long does it last? That is do you get a temporary remission, or real honest to goodness headache is all gone solution?

I just want to make sure my expectations aren't overblown because so far they haven't done that much for me.
Your expectations are right on. If they work for you, they eliminate the attack completely.

And don't ever hesitate to ask your doctors for samples so you can try them without the cost. Most of the triptans have coupons that give you good savings, too.
somebodyhealme
somebodyhealme

http://somebodyhealme.dianalee.net

Back to top Go down

Triptans don't work for me - Page 2 Empty Triptans

Post  clusterplusmigraine Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:49 am

I've sufferered from both clusters and migraines for close to 30 years and have tried many, many different meds. I've been told by several neurologists, and my experience bears it out, that the differences in patients determine which med will/will not work. And that can be subject to change. Sometimes sumatriptan will work for me, other times it won't. I have standing Rx for Relpax, sumatriptan, Frova and Amerge. I find Relpax to be the most effective for me - but all of them tend to take close to an hour to get into my system, make me feel worse for about an hour, then give relief (when they work).

I've been on Verapamil, Topamax and now Keppra as preventive meds. All had their own issues.

I tend to have seasonal cycles of my clusters - worst I've had is daily for 14 weeks. Am currently in a cycle which has lasted for more than 2 months and have just now started using home injections of Toradol - too early to tell if it works or not.

So - don't give up. What didn't work today might work tomorrow.

clusterplusmigraine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2