migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

syptoms of the migraines

3 posters

Go down

syptoms of the migraines  Empty syptoms of the migraines

Post  gerri Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:44 pm

does anyone have the disoriented feeling when they are having the migraine..and the tingling in the arms and the excessive tired ness...then the moodiness..even the talking of people to you..i have a really hard time when i am in the migraine with people talking to me..then with the light the most weirdest is the memory problem i am having..they just started me on topamax..this is all new to me...so this is a nightmare right now for me

gerri

Back to top Go down

syptoms of the migraines  Empty Re: syptoms of the migraines

Post  dcook60 Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:41 pm

the symptoms you listed are all extremely familiar to most people here, especially (for moi) the extreme tiredness. and also the light sensitivity. memory, yes, it becomes awful the worse the pain becomes.

you may find relief with topomax; many have. i hope you've read up on the possible side effects, and if you have any of those, are willing to push through them to get to a therapeutic dose.

one hopes you have a doctor who will listen to your concerns, and not just throw drugs at you without a lot of explanation and maybe even some printed studies on the effectiveness......

personally, i've tried it two different times, i had no side effects, but no good effects, either. the "no side effects" thing was, for me, a total surprise, as i usually react badly to most everything. it's all a trial-and-error game. hopefully, for you, more successes than errors. dianne

dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

syptoms of the migraines  Empty syptoms of the migraines

Post  gerri Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:36 pm

so far no bad side affects from the topamax..they only have me on 100mg..i think i need more of it though..still with some symptoms of the migraine..the weirdest is the cold hands and the tingling of them...and i still have the dull head ache..the hardest is when i got back to work on wednesday...i have been out of work..i was in the hospital for 5 days with this migraine..i am very nervous now..so i want to be ok ....the stress at work can be bad..i work with alot of patients in a very busy doctor's office...but so far the topamax is good..i try not to read all those side affects i want this to work...i have a restlessness at night at times...but that is ok

gerri

Back to top Go down

Post  teppy000 Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:55 am

One thing to look out for with Topamax, that they don't tell you, is mood changes. I was on it for almost two years. It was great, I lost weigh and felt like I had my life back. Then I got severely depressed. 2 days after the drugs were out of my system I felt happy and normal again. My case is rare but still you might wanna watch out for this.

teppy000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down