migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate migrainty moment...

3 posters

Go down

Ultimate  migrainty moment... Empty Ultimate migrainty moment...

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Here's what I did today:

~ I've noticed a bunch of today's mail on my table that wasn't in my name.

I was very irritated as I live at this present address for 9 years, and received A LOT of previous residents mail at the beginning, but whoa, after this long isn't it a tad excessive! especially that the name sounded familiar.

So, once again I crossed out the addressee, added annotation "please check your records" as I was sure the letters were sent at my address again after so many years.
(am not proud to add that since I was in a rather grumpy mood I ended the annotation with exclamation mark)

Then my daughter looked the mail over and asked: "mom, do you know what you did???? did you bother to check the address on these?"
I felt foolish admitting I didn't since I wasn't wearing my glasses while handling the mail, so I only saw the name clearly.

As it turned out, it wasn't the "moved out" case, but the mailman's mistake who dropped someone else's mail into our slots. ouch!

So I gathered all the letters (3, all business) into one big yellow envelope and scribbled on it:
"To 1234 -12 st, my apologies for messing up your mail - it was mistakenly delivered to 1234 -21, I read only the name on it, and was about to drop it into a mailbox, but luckily my daughter noticed it was wrong address not a "moved out case!"

My daughter wanted to go and hand the stuff to the people herself but I said no I will go do that.

So I went and dropped it into my neighbour slot .
and only then I thought to look up the numbers on the house and realized it says 1234 -27 !!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
But it's not the end of the story oh no. This particular neighbour for some reason doesn't stay at this address, and God only knows when he will show up at this place....

When I come home and told this to my daughter she was mad and she demanded: I wanted to go and hand this over myself, so why did you insist?! and this was my reply: "because I like to be useful and do good deeds"
uhhm, yeah....

She is gonna go over to the people sometime tomorrow and let them know about my little screw up...

Risa

ps - I shudder to think how many letters of my neighbour I've sent as "moved out" in the past...
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate  migrainty moment... Empty Re: Ultimate migrainty moment...

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:10 am

Hee hee. I HATE when I do stuff like that.

Loving your emoticons.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:51 am

Oh, Risa, I love how you tell stories about yourself (and the emoticons)! It made me chuckle, even with a bad migraine. It sounds like something I would have done.

Sending you a hug.

Becky Laughing
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down