migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling sleepy.

2 posters

Go down

Feeling sleepy. Empty Feeling sleepy.

Post  Mini Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:19 am

I have noticed it so often but I keep forgetting it: I get terribly sleepy and lethargic the day before migraine (as a predrome I suppose), I also get very sleepy when I have migraine and this has nothing to do with any medicine since I have this even with mild migraine, when I do not take anything for it.

This is extreme sleepiness, I walk into walls and drop things, my reactions are so slow. IT can be very, very inconvenient, and since I started to try to completely cut down on coffee, I cannot even try to wake myself up in this way.

All I want is to sleep, and sleep, and sleep - but I fight it since my head is not too bad and I do not want to waste yet another day.
Am I the only person to be affected like this?

Any suggestions what I can do? This problem is very disabling.

BTW I went for a walk y-day to keep myself awake, but I keep feeling unsafe, tripping on things, so I came back home after 10 minutes, then I tried to do a little leaf clearing in my garden, but I did not know what I was doing, so had to give up - and it did not help, anyway.

My predrome varies, at times I am very lively, and energetic before migraine, but mainly sleepy.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Feeling sleepy. Empty Re: Feeling sleepy.

Post  30yrsofheadache Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:04 am

I am the opposite, I usually have day where I feel the need to get everything done. Usually, several hours into the day, I think "uh-oh, I know what is coming".
Cindy[u]
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down