migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barometric Pressure

4 posters

Go down

Barometric Pressure Empty Barometric Pressure

Post  moshjam Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Hello all!

I live in Indiana and have suffered from migraines since the age of five, I am currently 30. Today is Thursday and I am on my fourth migraine since Saturday. I pushed through work on Monday but had to call in a sick day today.

The weather in NW indiana has been severe. -16 degrees today and lower tonight. Some nights you can see all the stars in the sky the next day the clouds are super low and it snows another 10 inches. I truly believe my rescent migraines are due to the extreme weather conditions. I do have many other triggers, hormones, alcohol, strong scents, allergies and many more. This time it is pinpointed though.

So my question is do any of you fellow migrainee's know a good website where I can track this past week's barometric pressure scale so I can compare the days I felt good to well..today?

Thanks!

moshjam

Back to top Go down

Barometric Pressure Empty Re: Barometric Pressure

Post  Jewishmother Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:49 pm

I live in Indiana and had that same thought also........the ice/snow storms that we have had the past couple of weeks have played havoc with my migraines. My husband and I searched for a sight that would give a day-by-day record of the barometric pressure but we could not find one! I know when the pressure drops below 30 that I am sunk and should just crawl onto the couch and stay there all day. Today was a pretty good day and just checked the pressure on weather.com and it is 30.10. We are hoping for warmer temps and some thawing this weekend - for my head and all the ice.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:53 pm

I personally use wunderground.com but DH has also put a weather station in the backyard, with barometric pressure info, so I know I can get very local and relevant data from the listing of our station on that site. Maybe you'll have a neighbor with a station that will have good data

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  moshjam Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Thank you both for the info!

moshjam

Back to top Go down

Post  riversidekid Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:14 pm

The _only_ site I know that shows historical records for barometric pressure is www.wunderground.com. For NW Indiana try this site: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KINFORTW9. Although I normally point people toward http://www.wunderground.com/history/ and enter your zip code, etc.

I write down the pain daily and then at the end of each month print the chart showing the pressure changes and show my doctor the result. My neurologist likes this!

Good luck with that!
riversidekid
riversidekid

Back to top Go down

Post  moshjam Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:53 pm

Thank you Riversidekid. I am not sure if I have the attention span to log the pressure everyday though. Shocked I just needed to figure out the past week to see what the changes were and indeed the pressure was rising and falling like crazy!

I have not gone to the Dr. for my migraines in about 5 years. I found a drug that works 80% of the time and stuck with it. Imitrex works well for me, pills when I am not too nauseous and I use the shot form when I can't keep the tablet down.

Living with migraines my whole life does have an upside, I have an AMAZING tolerance for pain.

Thanks!

moshjam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down