migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do migraines ever scare you or make you feel "shocky"

3 posters

Go down

Do migraines ever scare you or make you feel "shocky" Empty Do migraines ever scare you or make you feel "shocky"

Post  sailingmuffin Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:56 am

Hi All,

Ok, So I have had a wicked migraine for about a week or so now. The pain level drops to 9 with meds, it is a 9.5 without them. I also faint more when I have migraines. I had quite a scare this morning.

I was going upstairs to get something for my Mom. As I was coming back down, I was about halfway down the stairs and I fell- tumbling head first down the stairs. Fortunately, nothing was broken and I landed on my side. It did leave a nasty bruise though. I am really glad the stairs are carpetted. It just terrified me.

The headache has also reached that level where the pain really truly scares me. It is almost like my body goes into a weird state of Shock to deal with it. Basically, it feels like my body puts all in the energy into dealing with the pain- almost like the fight or flight instinct takes over. I get scared, anxious, can't think clearly, and want to do anything to make the pain stop. This feeling really scares me. Does anyone else experience anything like this?

I have an IV set up for wednesday. Currently taking tylenol3, benedryl, klonopin every four hours to deal with this. also talking to friends and to you- which helps tremendously.

I'd love some input. Thanks.

Pain free days,
sailingm

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Do migraines ever scare you or make you feel "shocky" Empty Re: Do migraines ever scare you or make you feel "shocky"

Post  lissy Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:01 pm

I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a bad week. Migraines are so nasty. I can't say I've experienced the "shock" feeling your talking about although my nerves go all jumpy when I have a migraine. I can't relax, feel so tense and it's like my body is doing somersaults through all the nerves. My hands generally get quick shaky too - like an older person :-( I hope you feel better soon xo.
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Do migraines ever scare you or make you feel "shocky" Empty Re: Do migraines ever scare you or make you feel "shocky"

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:17 pm

It sounds like your body may be producing adrenaline in response to the pain. The old flight or flight response - Then there is no place for it to go. Practicing some calming meditation or yoga may help in a case like that.

Please be careful with those stairs! You really don't need more injury on top of everything else.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down