migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas is over, how sad...

+2
lissy
Mini
6 posters

Go down

Christmas is over, how sad... Empty Christmas is over, how sad...

Post  Mini Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:17 pm

All these preparations, arrangements and exitement for several weeks, then two days are gone, and it is over.
I know many people are glad that the madness is over.

But I think that nothing beats a warm and fun family Christmas celebrations - it is the best feeling, time to give and say thank you to those we love, and receive graciously from the loved ones. Time for watching all the old films again, and again, taking pictures, eating too much, playing games, transforming our sensible homes into tinsel town caves. Most of all time to watch children smile..I love it all, and already miss it. I wonder if I am alone in this.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Christmas is over, how sad... Empty Re: Christmas is over, how sad...

Post  lissy Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Sorry your missing it already.

It didn't feel very Chrissmassy for me this year. Personally I've had one hell of a year with these migraines and almost reached a mental breaking point a couple of weeks ago. I started a detox 3 weeks before Christmas so the whole leading up to Christmas sucked as well. I just had no energy for anything. Didn't do any of my usual baking, shopping was just a necessity (and I usually love Chrissy shopping) so its come and gone and not really bothered me. My brother, his wife and daughter were away this year and I really missed my little Niece this Christmas. Nothing was quite the same although I did have a good day with family on Boxing Day.

Sorry to be a downer, that's just how I feel.
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Post  Enigma Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:58 pm

A part of me is glad it's over. The season brings out the best in people, but it also brings out the worst. It's like waiting to open door #2 and not knowing if you are going to get a sweet surprise or a smack in the face. With migraines, it makes it all the worse.

I feel a deep sadness after it is over. It is partially from licking wounds of people acting badly, and seeing all the sweetness going away from the good stuff.

Last edited by Enigma on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Mini, I totally understand how you feel as I feel a bit like that myself. I even mentioned it to my husband how there's so much rushing around and things to do, some of which I enjoy, and Christ mas comes and goes so quickly. We had 13 at my house for dinner, then on Boxing day, our whole family (husband was married before so has two kids and grandkids from that marriage), 25 of us went to my sister in law's for our second Christ mas (gift opening, eating etc.). I have five biological grandchildren myself so it was fun having them here.

I always find that the weeks and days leading up to Christ mas are actually more fun than the big day itself!

Christ mas eve was lovely as we all went to a Candelight service at our church.

However, once it's over I have to take the tree (a real one) and all the decorations down as I can't stand seeing them up after Boxing day, I know, I'm weird, but we all have our peculiarites!

Happy New Year!

Ruth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:42 am

I am so sorry Lissy, that you had such a difficult time leading up to Christmas.
I am not surprised that did not feel very festive. But, I do hope that your hard work and addtional pain are going to be worthwhile in the long run and that by now the worst of the detox is over.

Very wise words Enigma - Christmas can be sometimes something of a mixed blessing, when good moods mix with not so good, as everyone is overtired, overexited (little children), overeworked, and expectations are too high specially when various branches of family try to get together planning can be a minefield.
Ruth, your Christmas sound really very nice and happy - children make Christmas, this is what it is all about. But it does get much organising as well, and trying to make everyone happy is not as easy as it sounds, since most people need to be in two places at the same time.
Funny enough, this year I also want to take my decorations down as soon as the Christmas is over (because they are not as nice, as in previous years) but I am still a little tired and feeling lazy, so I suppose they will remain for a while longer.
Happy New Year Ruth, and Happy New Year everybody.

Last edited by Mini on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:44 am

Posted twice by mistake, sorry
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:55 am

You are not alone, Mini. I get the post holiday blues every year. I love Christmas, and love getting together with my family. I really, really missed seeing my parents and my brothers and their families this year. Hubby was sick and the weather wasn't cooperating either. We're going to try to get up there to see them in a couple of months. I hate that I'm so far away from t hem as they're getting older.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Christmas is over, how sad... Empty Missing loved ones

Post  Mini Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Brenda, missing tyour loved ones at Christmas is really hard. It is one time, that families belong together so we miss them more then ever, specially if there is nothing we can do about it.
There is telphone and internet, of course, but it is not the same. Maybe next year?

MY famimly is also with colds, and I think I cought it since this afteroon I started to sneeze and my head feels sore and much too small for my brain - I hope this is not going to drag on as I have much to do.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:08 pm

I feel the same way. I love Christmas. I start the season early though and extend it a little so I am ready to have it end. I shop the sales for Christmas stuff to open by surprise the next year when ready to decorate and wrap presents. It is amazing the work that is put into it just to have it over in a flash. I like the leading up to it more than the day itself.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down