migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

infusion therapy- does it work?

3 posters

Go down

infusion therapy- does it work? Empty infusion therapy- does it work?

Post  greent Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi all, I'm going in to my doctor's office next week for 3 days of infusion therapy (what a way to spend vacation, but I'll be happy if it does something). Apparently this is supposed to help reprogram my brain and stop the cycle of my migraines. Has anyone had any luck with it? If so, what drugs did they use? I had this done with DHE a few months ago and felt significantly better for a few weeks before the pain all came back. This doctor is going to try some different meds though. Thanks...

greent

Back to top Go down

infusion therapy- does it work? Empty Re: infusion therapy- does it work?

Post  Cathy Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:20 pm

I've heard of this but haven't tried it yet. They seem to be having good results. Someone sent me an article from a hospital in northern PA and I checked into it. I hope you'll post and let us know how it goes for you and what it involves. Good luck!

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:04 pm

How interesting. Have they told you how long you will be in the doctor's office? Have they told you what the meds are? How many days are you going to do this? Please share all the info you can, and also share your results. Thanks.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  greent Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:09 am

I will definitely share the results. All I know right now is that I'll be there for three days for around 6-7 hours each day getting intravenous meds. It's at a headache clinic and I guess I won't know which meds they're giving me until next week. Hoping for some positive results!

greent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down