migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Migraine Article

+3
lissy
lentils
charmed quark
7 posters

Go down

Interesting Migraine Article Empty Interesting Migraine Article

Post  charmed quark Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:53 am

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/12/20/DDT41GQN7J.DTL

-Peter

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

Interesting Migraine Article Empty Re: Interesting Migraine Article

Post  lentils Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:56 am

Quote from article:
Goadsby is seeking migraine sufferers who will volunteer to have a migraine chemically induced in his clinic so he can use scanners to study what's happening in patients' brains before the pain starts.

I wonder how much he is paying? I thought about volunteering-I hadn't had a mig in 3 weeks. Then I got one and I thought, "no way" Smile

Smile Smile

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  lissy Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:24 pm

The thought of an induced migraine horrifies me. I couldn't handle having anymore. I'm in Australia anyway!
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Interesting Migraine Article Empty thanks for posting this....

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:34 pm

i just sent an email to the newspaper with my comments. thanks again for posting.

Back to top Go down

Post  adventuregirl Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:03 pm

one thing that this article made me think of was that headache research is so low. I keep thinking about that when I see all these fundraisers for so many other diseases. But this illness affects so many people out there...people can work, function day-to-day, socialize with family and friends, live a life to the fullets...that it seems like society just throws some pills at it and moves on with their day.
adventuregirl
adventuregirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Darn, I don't want a migraine induced!!!! I want to get rid of them....

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:33 pm

i think migraine is highly dependant on the individual....will and strength dictate ability to cope.

i know this is controversial, but i speak from personal and family experience. my dad had more dehabilitating migraine than me (much more intense aura) while I have more pain than he had.

in short, i think you can be "damaged" horribly and you really don't have much ability to deal with it--it's outside of your own control. some can handle it better, some cannot.

....please feel free to discuss. i'm not trying to judge anyone's sickness against anothers. we're all on this canto, whatever level.

Last edited by Porsche Fan on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wow, bad late night spelling.)

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:04 am

Oh no, I do not qualify, I can hardly stand the pain
but maybe they are some people out there who would volunteer were there a good pain control provided immediately?
From what I understand the area of interest is what happens before the pain starts:

Goadsby is seeking migraine sufferers who will volunteer to have a migraine chemically induced in his clinic so he can use scanners to study what's happening in patients' brains before the pain starts.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/12/19/DDT41GQN7J.DTL#ixzz19OYriVlG

So, maybe the moment the full blown head pain comes on it can be aborted right away??

But I dunno, why wouldn't they just admit someone with frequent HAs?? It would be beneficial twofold. sheesh!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  mxgo Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:19 am

I fit the chronic daily headache criteria. However, even driving the 2 hours to San Francisco would be near impossible for me.

My biggest fear is that the higher level of headache would stay with me.
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Interesting Migraine Article Empty mxgo

Post  Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:44 am

I am in the daily headache-migraine category also. If they ever do a study on that I would volunteer. It would have to be next door, literally, though. I am sure you relate to that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down