migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble with this forum...

+3
CluelessKitty
pen
hpilgrim
7 posters

Go down

Trouble with this forum... Empty Trouble with this forum...

Post  hpilgrim Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Does anyone else have trouble getting the pages to load on this forum? Whether I click on Migraines or Misc, I have the same problem; it goes to a blank page, and says "done".... it takes about ten tries on average to get the page to load.

I am getting tired of it --- I love you all, but I can't sit here very long, due to my back, and I may have to keep up with you on Facebook....

Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Trouble with this forum... Empty Re: Trouble with this forum...

Post  pen Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:07 pm

I havent had that problem at all Holly, sorry.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Have you tried scrolling way down, Holly?
It happens to me sometimes and on occasions for some reason it just takes of a whole lotta blank page
at the beginning before the forum starts showing.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:16 pm

I access from three different computers and don't have that problem with any of them. I hate for you to leave since I have huge privacy issues and don't keep in touch with Ronda folks via FB

(sorry...it's just so important for me to be able to speak my innermost thoughts here. I have in-laws, staff and clients on my FB who I wouldn't want to know many of the things I discuss).
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Trouble with this forum... Empty The trouble with FB

Post  crt Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:04 pm

Charlotte,

I have huge privacy issues too. Consequently, I will not participate in FB or any other social networking sites. It's just too easy to have a huge problem...

I had to turn down someone at work who really wanted me to go "play" with her on FB. I'm afraid that she was quite offended in spite of my efforts to be diplomatic. I explained it had nothing to do with her, but that didn't help.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:55 am

Holly,

Do you stay signed in all the time or do you log out and then back in on each visit?

I only have problems on here if I stay logged in all the time. So now, I always log out and then sign in each time.

Just a thought Smile
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:28 am

No, I log out and in... and it doesn't happen every time, maybe 50% of the time...
Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:55 am

Here's the problem (warning GEEK alert).

It's an issue with the type of "character encoding", which is the standard that web sites use write code. There are many codes and usually your browser will detect the type of encoding, but for some reason (as of late) Firefox and IE have been having problems displaying certain sites, this one included. With that said, here's the work around...

Firefox - From the menu bar click view, then select "Character Encoding" and click on Western (ISO-8859-1). The page will automatically refresh and the page will appear.

IE - From the menu bar click view, then select "Encoding" and choose Western European. I believe you can also check Automatic, but it doesn't always work.

The default for both browsers seems to be Unicode, but it looks like not all web sites are using this standard yet. I hope this helps.

santa
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks so much! I do use Firefox, so that was probably the problem....
Blessings,
Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down