migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines and thyroid

+6
drahaskell
lissy
Dawn
annabella
marion
Migrainegirl
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Migraines and thyroid - Page 2 Empty Kathy & Synthroid

Post  drahaskell Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi Kathy,
It would be good to know the details of these two hormones you mentioned because 'normal' may not be normal... and is it T4 or Free T4.

I suggest getting your Thyroperoxidase antibodies, Thyroglobulin antibodies and what's called TSH Receptor antibodies....because any of these can cause havoc with fluctuating thyroid hormones and may possibly explain the reaction to such a minimal dose of Synthroid.

All the best,
Dr. Haskell sunny

drahaskell

Back to top Go down

Migraines and thyroid - Page 2 Empty Re: Migraines and thyroid

Post  marion Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi Dr Haskell

Thanks so much for your reply. Your words very much confirmed my conclusion that my little cells are very complicated.

I have in the past been tested for gluten allergy, both with blood tests and a scope examination which were negative, my villa are still good. Interesting though that my grandmother is a chronic celiac sufferer.

The cortisol not working correctly - well my brother has Addisons. His antibodies attacked when he was 17 very thoroughly to the point of his being rushed to hospital, he was an interesting shade of yellow with not very good bp, luckily they made the diagnosis and he has lived on cortisone for the past 40 years.

What I find interesting about him is that the cortisone is supposed to suppress all ab's, yet he is allergic to sandflies and in my uneducated opinion has thyroid abs on the loose. I am merely his sister though and he won't have a bar of my ponderings.

I am off to an immunologist in a few months so hopefully will progress a little further there. The tip on pulse rate is very interesting and I will definately give it a try.

Thank you again for your time.

Marion
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  kathy Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Dr. Haskell,
Thank you.
Oct. 5, 2010 TSH 2.620 Range 0.450-4.500
Thyroxine (T4) Result 3.9 Range 4.5-12.0
T 4free (direct) Result 0.73 Range 0.82-1.77

Jan. 20, 2011 TSH 0.98 Range 0.34-5.60
Free T4Free/ Free Thyrox 0.57 Range 0.58-1.64

I told him I was having Tachycardia, and almost passing out. He just said maybe you need an EKG. Then he upped it to.50.

I took Synthroid for years after a severe case of mono in 1991. I was so ill they thought I had AIDS or cancer. That triggered the Sjogrens. I had no problem in fact I got pregnant. No cardiac symptoms at all.

In 2004 I had the same thing with the T4's. Stayed on Synthroid for a year. No problem with heart rates. No tachycardia no faint feelings.

Since then I have lost my remaining ovary, have Estrogen patch. That is the only difference now I have the disrupted heart rate.
The Endocrinologist doesn't seem alarmed.He asked me if I had Sjogrens syndrome, or Sjogrens Disease??!! My Rheumatologist said What is he talking about. She asked me if I schooled him on that. I tried. I told my Internist I had to stop the Synthroid.

You being an expert i am interested to hear what you think and have you seen this before with Synthroid.
Thank you,
Kathy

kathy

Back to top Go down

Migraines and thyroid - Page 2 Empty from my experience there is a connection between thyroid and miagrane

Post  missee79 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:42 pm

hi there, im female, 32yrs old. I have been a terrible miagrane sufferer all my life. up until 1 1/2 years ago.my miagranes got so bad from having them since i was about 8 that was having full body spasms, constant flashing lights. pain in my chest. trouble breathing. yet no doctor seemed to know how to help me. never knew the cause. just that all i could do was drug up on pain killers in dark room with ice pack. it was pretty much my life in between being a parent. the nuerologist gave me tests, and said i was just a miagrane sufferer and put me on nortriptaline.which only made it easier to handle sunlight. Anyways i met a man that is now my partner and my moods were all over the place, depressed. sickly. going off at anything. he suggested women can be low on iodine. and i investigated it. i had all the signs of hypo with weight gain . clammy coldness. blurred vision. so i went doctor and asked him. he gave me a silly blood test again and said.no no ur fine . levels are normal so goodbye now. you know how it goes. and that dredded feeling u get when u have to walk out. back to life still suffering and not coping with it. so i marched to the chemist to test for myself. silly thing to do i know but hey. i found a thyroid medican, that has iodine,l-tyrosine and other ingredients in it. all works in combination to boost thyroid. and took one. first few hours i felt like i was floating, bit scary. then my throat felt abit funny. all around my neck so i rubbed it. within about and hour my miagrane started to ease. my blurred vision cleared up and i could see and think clearly. a feeling i had never felt before. i few days later the headache started to ache again so i thought i would take another tablet. the pack said take 2 a day i think but they were so strong i took one every few days. and wo and behold my headache at that point eased again. anyway silly me they made me feel so good that i kept taking them and shouldve stopped after 1 or 2 but now i have no miagranes. but have another illness which i cant eat certain foods or into hospital i go. they havent diagnosed it yet. but i traded in a chronic pain for sumthing else and i still think it was worth it. but i gues this is what happens when u feel like theres no answer. you go hunting for a cure and will try anything. so for anyone who is studying how to cure miagranes i hope my info may help in the search or give sum clue.

missee79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2