migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone on Disability for Migraines???

+2
02R96
Lileee
6 posters

Go down

anyone on Disability for Migraines??? Empty anyone on Disability for Migraines???

Post  Lileee Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:43 am

Good Morning Everyone Smile i just found this site & joined... is Anyone on Social Security Disability due to their Migraines??? i have been getting them since 2003 and they are becoming unbearable!!! i AM on FMLA at my job BUT they only give you 480 hours to use each year and i am ALWAYS at the MAX... if i ever lose my job because of the migraines i KNOW that i wont be able to even do a 90 day probation period to get a new job... Mad Ughhhhhhh... ANYONE on Disability? i would love to know!!!
Lileee
Lileee

Back to top Go down

anyone on Disability for Migraines??? Empty Re: anyone on Disability for Migraines???

Post  02R96 Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:55 am

I looked into disability benefits and talked to my doctors about it. You didn't mention your age but the older you are the better chance of receiving it. I'm 48 and my PCP mentioned it would be nearly imposable for me. When I read through the documentation for applying, migraines were not specifically listed so it would depend heavily on how your doctor(s) write the evaluation.

Here is a link you might find helpful... http://www.ssa.gov/disability/

I'm in the same position. I'm out of work, I need to work, but I don't know if I could handle work. No
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

anyone on Disability for Migraines??? Empty Re: anyone on Disability for Migraines???

Post  Lileee Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks Dan! im 50... and im working NOW but who knows when that can end... you know? maybe you might want to look into getting a Disibility Advocate? here is a link - and they dont get paid unless you WIN... i might check into it myself - - - > http://disability-advocate.com/ - - - and check out MAGNUM too! this is The National Migraine Association - - - > http://www.migraines.org/help/index.htm - look down on the Bottom Right side at ( Agencies Providing Information on Legal Disability Matters ) Smile
Lileee
Lileee

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissypalgal Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:50 am

I am 34 and go to court next month. Hopefull I will get it, if not I have an even longer fight ahead of me, I can not work due to chronic headaches and severe menstrual migraines. My migraines have cost me my last 3 jobs.
chrissypalgal
chrissypalgal

http://throughthewordsofchronicpain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lileee Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:53 am

well... Good Luck you guys!!! i mean they give FAKE people Disability for Anything they Make Up... Evil or Very Mad so why not give it to Us Folks that Really NEED that Money to Survive!!! I Hope Everything Goes Well for Both of You!!!
Lileee
Lileee

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:34 pm

I applied in July of this year. Just saw the physcologist they sent me to. He told me it was the last thing they would require of me. I could be getting a letter any day now.

I will post when I know.

It has been 4 weeks since I saw the phychologist. Still waiting.

I am 54 guess that might be better for me,, who knows.
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Lileee Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:26 am

Good Luck Sherri...!!! and IF by some chance they give you a hard time, just keep Appealing it! i have a son who was diagnosed with Lupus back in 2001 and it took me 4 years and a million appeals to finally get him on Disability! its a long road but so worth it!!!
Lileee
Lileee

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:42 am

I looked into it here. Was advised that they consider migraine to not be a constant so dont need any support.
I have Fibro and IBS as well, and apparently they dont feature.

I would like a badge for the car.
Dont get out much, but to be able to park closer would make such a difference...
But the yonly have one scheme and if you dont wqualify for the benefits, you cant have the badge...

santa

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:13 am

Hi All,

I have disablity for migrain e and severe fainting. I am young, only 3O, however, mine are so debilitating that working full time is impossible. I did have to go to a hearing in court, but it wasn't terrible.

I believe they categorized mine as something psychological rather than strictly migraine due to the fainting component.

I would say go ahead and apply as the whole thing takes quite a while.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down