migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacemaker tomorrow....

+16
cupatea
VickiG
Greeneyes
Anna's Mom
Mianna
marion
HeelerLady
crt
Ruth
Brenda
Paradox
tecky
ajr
pen
30yrsofheadache
CluelessKitty
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pacemaker tomorrow.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Pacemaker tomorrow....

Post  kimsmom Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Great news Marc! So glad you are already seeing results. I did not want to say before but when my mom got one put in last year it took three trys to get it right! I really do not remember what the problems were. I was here and she was up North but since she has gotten the pacemaker all is well.

Hope the migrianes continue to get better. What a plus.

Hugs to you Marc!

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:37 am

Wonderful news, Marc! I'm guessing (hoping) this is something SailingMuffin has looked at?

Do you physically feel it when it gives you an oomph? Or do they read it on a monitor? So much info they can get from pacemakers.

In New Zealand the victims pacemaker helped solve his murder because the readout exactly pinpointed the time of death.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:22 am

Para,

Very, very complex problem involving the CNS. The vagal nerve is really tricky and how it interlinks with the heart and its function is delicate. I have to email sailing some thoughts.

I have had a bunch of different symptoms & diagnoses thrown at me including vasovagal syncope, autonomic dysfunction, bradyarrhythmia, tachy-brady syndrome, chrontropic intollerance, plus all the underlying vascular stuff. All these little things add up.

I hope I don't end up with having to need someone to read my time of departure, LOL from the pacemaker.

It really holds tons of data about rhythm and some other keen stuff. When the tech was downloading the data yesterday I was like a kid in a candy shop looking at all the data--I love to see what's going on with my heart. I do feel it kick in. Just a little while ago, I got up from my computer, and sat down in another chair, and it kicked in. It was sensing rate drop--which causes syncope. I sometimes have drop attacks, where I can walk and just conk out. That's from a drop in rhythm and the timing in between beats.

It kicks in a lot during the afternoon, and usually at night before I fall asleep. Since it's pacing a lot we might need to adjust some meds...but. Sometimes I feel it, sometimes I don't. I'll feel a bit of "communication" in my chest...it's electrical signals between the upper right and lower right chambers (atrium/ventricle) getting synced with the pacer. It's not alarming, but something that you adapt to.

One really awesome thing is that I don't have PVCs (bad skips) anymore. Since I've had the pacer put in, I've had none! That's amazing, since I'd have tons every day.

That's going to be really tough, since the meds that lower heart rate treat my blood flow problems. No good solution but the pacemaker has been helpful. Plus, cutting back the heart meds might cause a big increase in migraines. It's going to take a few months to sort out a good combo.

I have a headache today--but I think that is due more to the weather.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:40 am

Hi Marc,

I've missed most of this, but wishing you well.
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2