migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

opt out of insurance plan for drug assistance - need some advice

2 posters

Go down

opt out of insurance plan for drug assistance - need some advice Empty opt out of insurance plan for drug assistance - need some advice

Post  TaraRose Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:55 pm

Alright so here is my predicament. I have high deductible insurance plan through my employer. It basically wont pay for anything until I meet my deductible, which is like 1800 dollars, and in the last two years of having it the insurance has not paid for anything. However I keep getting denied for prescription assistance programs for imitrex because the insurance will techincally pay 80% of medical expenses, including prescriptions, after the yearly deductible is met.

So..my predicament is, do I forfeit the insurance in order to get this prescription that I otherwise can't afford to buy. Ugh..dunno what to do

TaraRose

Back to top Go down

opt out of insurance plan for drug assistance - need some advice Empty opt out of insurance

Post  rileyoday Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:24 am

If you ever have an accident or contract serious illness you will need that insurance. You could need alot of testing to diagnose.

High deducts are terriable.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down