migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do all these damn bugs come from these days?

+2
dawn.binks
pen
6 posters

Go down

Where do all these damn bugs come from these days? Empty Where do all these damn bugs come from these days?

Post  pen Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:39 am

My poor daughter started throwing up last night at 7pm. This was followed by diarrhoea.
She has been awake all night. It was so sudden.

I have been awake most of the night with bad belly ache.
Just waiting in trepidation now. Pain is getting worse.
I have IBS, I dont take these things well.

Every week there seems to be something out there.
Where do they come from.
We didnt have this when my kids were small.
Childhood diseases and the occasional cold or bug.
This is truly awful

With two of us with IBS, we never feel safe.
Wash or gel hands whenever we can, but still they come.

I guess this is a rant.
But does anyone know why it is so much worse these days??

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Where do all these damn bugs come from these days? Empty sterile

Post  dawn.binks Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:26 am

everywhere is too sterile, we keep disinfecting and bleaching everything then go on the antibiotics to get rid of infections because we havent built up an immunity against them! babies are still given sterile bottles after 6 months then spend their childhoods at the gps with every cough and cold going. we medicate too quickly and dont let our immune system do what it was designed to do. a midwife said to me the babies that are brought up rough grow up to be tough. with all the rubbish they add to food after the crops have had goodness knows what sprayed on...... we dont stand a chance!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Where do all these damn bugs come from these days? Empty Re: Where do all these damn bugs come from these days?

Post  pen Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:48 am

Well we dont do anything of that so other people must be screwing things up for us.
No sterilised baby bottles. No bleach and disinfectant.
NO anti bios....with IBS I live in dread of them.....
As for the food, that is a hard one to avoid....

My daughter thinks that it is part of the everyone goes to work and kids go to nursery so early.
And no one takes time off they go back to work early, and send their kids to school sick because they cant afford to take time off.

My grandson has been in nursery just over a month.
His family have had 4 bugs in that time....1 a week.

What chance is there.

pen

Back to top Go down

Where do all these damn bugs come from these days? Empty Re: Where do all these damn bugs come from these days?

Post  Brenda Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:07 am

I think part of it is the over use of sterilizing agents. I also think part of it is that people can't afford to take off work when they're sick or their kids are sick. Therefore, they send their kids to school and daycare sick, they go to work sick and things spread like wildfire. If everyone could stay home when they were in the contagious stages, it would help. I know I worked in an elementary school for years. Parents would just flat out refuse to come for their sick kids sometimes. Elementary age kids stuck at school with 102 degree fever because parents couldn't or wouldn't leave work to take them home.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:11 am

Brenda, thanks for this. Sounds like you and my daughter agree. And its the same there as here.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:08 am

I agree with Brenda, it's a little bit of everything. It's a running joke with my DIL. I am a less than stellar housekeeper, and yes we have the five second rule at our house. My mother was not a good housekeeper either. Myself, my sister, my sons and hubby (his mother was worse than me 10 fold!) NEVER get bugs. People even comment at work that while I may be in pain all the time from chronic problems, when every one else in our public work environment is catching the newest and worst, I'm fine.

My poor DIL however grew up in a sterile environment. The poor child is sick and running a fever every time she turns around. I think she has not developed natural immunity.

I also agree that we have been too quick with antibiotics and have created superbugs.

Bah...can't win for losing.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:18 am

Certainly isnt how I was brought up that made me catch every damn thing going.
Think maybe the fibro and my inability to leave the house often means my immune system is NOT what it was.

I never used to be like this. Charlotte what is the 5 second rule please?
Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:23 am

Pen,

5 second rule is if food falls on the floor you have 5 seconds to pick it up to eat before you have to throw it out. I go by 3 second and only if I've cleaned the floors recently - I don't need to be hacking up hairballs.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:26 am

Thank you. That would explain what could have made my daughter sick. But she wouldnt touch anything from our dog trampled floor...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:18 am

Fibro makes us more susceptible to bugs and it takes longer to recover. Add in the extreme fear of germs and all the over-sterilization that people are encouraged to do, and all we are really doing is breeding stronger bugs. Anti-bacterial soaps and such are not necessary and they leave just enough bugs alive to breed resistance that then makes us all sick. Regular old soap does a fabulous job of breaking the cell walls of bacteria and viruses thus killing them. We don't need to add antibacterial agents to soap.

And have you seen the hands free dispenser for SOAP??? You are washing your hands with something that is going to kill the germs. Why worry about the bugs that MIGHT be on the soap bottle or bar??? You're washing anyway!! It just an excuse to sell more products that we don't really need and feeds fear.

All kids should be allowed to play in the dirt and not get scolded for making mud pies! It builds the immune system and makes it easier to respond to pathogens. Just hose the little buggers off before they come in the house and they won't get your carpet dirty. Razz
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:34 am

pen wrote:Thank you. That would explain what could have made my daughter sick. But she wouldnt touch anything from our dog trampled floor...

I forgot to say I was joking... lol!

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down