migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things I was surprised about during hospital stay

5 posters

Go down

Things I was surprised about during hospital stay Empty Things I was surprised about during hospital stay

Post  Paradox Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:30 pm

While I was there I was in a great deal of pain which always make me nauseous. On top of that one of the antibiotics I was on causes nausea.

Yet almost every nurse, LPN, plebotimist, or cleaning person came in wearing perfume. One was so strong I almost vomited. And I told her. It stunned me. Are they allowed to do that on neuro wards too? I was complaining about it at work and a co-worker said that when his brother was going through chemo the nurses perfume made him sick every time.

Why in the world?

Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Things I was surprised about during hospital stay Empty perfume

Post  dawn.binks Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:46 am

in the uk, theyr not supposed to wear perfume or make up!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Things I was surprised about during hospital stay Empty Re: Things I was surprised about during hospital stay

Post  Zekses Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:57 am

I never actually undesrstood how THEY can tolerate this perfume overdose themselves ... >_< After all - I can run away to get some fresh air... It's not so much about triggering headache, it's just that the smell is suffocating to almost anyone >_<
Zekses
Zekses

Back to top Go down

Things I was surprised about during hospital stay Empty Re: Things I was surprised about during hospital stay

Post  HeelerLady Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:29 am

Charlotte,

I think it depends on the hospital and it's policies. I know the one that I can throw a rock and hit, you aren't supposed to. They are very cognizant of people being allergic/sensitive to smells. Write to the hospital and tell them that. I'm sure you aren't alone. Otherwise, if you are ever in again, have a spray bottle by the bed and everyone that walks in gets doused! No more strong smells. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:08 am

i think its funny when you are getting treated right under a sign that says "Fragrance Free Area" and the nurse working on you has purfume on.

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Unbelievable! Evil or Very Mad

I thought any medical staff everywhere was - IS !! - not supposed to wear any kind of fragrances, be it perfume, deodorant or even a strong smelling soap.
How inconsiderate of them!

I would write a complain to the hospital directors, or whoever is in charge od such things.
If that doesn't faze them , then hit them where it hurts - sue them for pain and suffering!

If more people would do that, then they finally would listen!

I am so sorry they made you suffer needlessly because of such a menial, avoidable matter Evil or Very Mad
I am getting nauseous just thinking about this!

Risa

CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down