migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum very quiet last few days.

+6
dizzyflower
theresae
Ivy
crt
lesherb
pen
10 posters

Go down

Forum very quiet last few days. Empty Forum very quiet last few days.

Post  pen Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:58 am

Just wondered why. Unusual to be this quiet....did someone get some summer??
Are we feeling better? I hope so.

We have FOOTBALL!! Oh boy! Bored with it already and it just starts today.
First match, USA v England.....

cheers

pen

Back to top Go down

Forum very quiet last few days. Empty Re: Forum very quiet last few days.

Post  lesherb Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:28 am

Soccer!!!!

I know. It's called football by most of the world but I am an arogant American....must have my way! Wink
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:29 am

I am so sorry Leslie, but if you didnt have AMERICAN FOOTBALL, you would be able to call it football like the rest of us. lol!

Actually up until about 30 years ago most people in this country called is soccer as well.
The term soccer comes from Association. From the Football association. That was to distinguish it from Rugby Football and goes back to 1900s. It was called Socca, then Socker, by the colleges. This in typical English tradition became soccer. Whilst Rugby was called Rugger.

Not sure why we stopped calling it soccer, but almost no one does any more.

Anyway, does this explain why the forum has been quiet the last few days??

pen

Back to top Go down

Forum very quiet last few days. Empty quiet forum

Post  crt Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Finally we got 2 days in a row of glorious weather. Our yard is full of all kinds of birds, They feel good and are singing like crazy. I feel good and am happy. No migraines on fabulous weather days and I am enjoying myself thoroughly.

Also, my Sweetie and I are yard sale nuts. Today we were the first to arrive at an early sale. Most of the items weren't cheap. They were free! One of our interests is computers. We scored a big bunch of cables, cards, boards, drives, fans - all sorts of computer parts and software. If I had to buy all the parts separately it would probably cost $1000. Yeah, probably some of the stuff won't work, but for free, I was glad to take the stuff off the guy's hands.

It has been a wonderful, happy day and I appreciate every second of it!

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:54 am

I had a horrendous week: we had the house painted, the weather was LOUSY (hot and humid), I had my yearly gyno check up (I'm always anxious for check ups), at work we had a weird week....

Yes, the world cup is highly felt here in Europe.
England-USA ended in a tie.

Argentina has a great team, I guess they are very focus on going straight to the final.

I can't wait to see Spain as it has some genuine champions that I love.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:39 am

Must admit i have been lurking rather than posting just lately, the weather has been good most days here, my mums just turned 60, and both of my parents have just retired, so have had lots of family things on which is nice, and i did watch the football i cant believe it hit his glove and went in!!
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Forum very quiet last few days. Empty Forum very quiet last few days

Post  dizzyflower Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:18 am

I finally got to my apointment in London this week which meant setting off at 7.30 and getting back at 10.30pm so next day was a washout.

day before spent time checking underground route etc and buying shoes because found my walking around London shoes were ruined, chasing up the roofing people who didn't phone back, apologising to nextdoor whose roof has to be climbed ect.

Friday was repair car day so was out most of it wandering around waiting about, sat watching friend's inflatable pool go up, then down, then played hunt the repair kit. this took all day. Sunday alotment catch up.

And hubby has been watching the football in the room where the computer is.Was it America and England in a game on Sat or something? Aparently Germany were really scarily efficient yesterday getting 4/0.

My little fujitsu siemens notebook has got upset on the internet again and has lost some of it's memory too so I can't get on the net so easy at the moment. So if I dissapear again for a few days I'm fidling about with bits of memory bought off ebay for a few pennies.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 am

We were watching football early in the morning (we are on the west coast) and it looks like a blast to be in the crowd with all the tooting of horns going on. Sounds like bees. I bet there is not a single migrainer in the crowd. jocolor I'm in awe of the strength and endurance of the players.

I'm enjoying my new dog and spoiling them with walks and training.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:40 am

Angela,

Those horns are awful and everyone here is complaining.
The players are saying it is putting them off their game.
my husband watched, but I had to turn off the sound.
Unbearable and so unnecessary.
AND FIFA could stop it immediately.

New doggie....sounds fun.

Di,
How did the appointment go? Start a thread, tell us...if you can get on line.
I know the feeling this lap top is very sick, and I am sick of it.
I need to reformat it and that need a better head.

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:36 pm

It's been a rough week for me. I stayed in bed most of the weekend and Monday. Tuesday I would have stayed in bed all day again, if not for the fact that I had to go with my mom to LAX to pick up my dad and other members of the team from my church who went to Brazil. My dad has decided to adopt another daughter to the family (they've already adopted my Taiwanese sister and Mongolian best friend, so why not one more?). She's from Mexico but lives in the U.S. My dad says that she has quite a moving life story but doesn't want the others in our church to know because she doesn't want them to feel sorry for her. I do know that her husband kicked her out when she became a Christian. Isn't that sad? She is such a sweet lady. I don't know her all that well, but she always has a hug to greet me whenever she sees me.

And then yesterday, I was supposed to go to the dentist, but my head was so bad that I cancelled and slept until 7:30 this morning. I'm not particularly upset about dentist appointments, so that wouldn't be why I got bad. I guess I was just worn out from the day before or something.

So I'm on now, but I'm about to go back to bed, as my head is building up. Grrr.
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Forum very quiet last few days. Empty Quiet...

Post  cupatea Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:53 pm

...well, now I'm here (back) on the forum to rev things up!!! jk....
Football, soccer....I admit I love the World Cup, except for all of the fake penalties called!
I have my favorite team gear on, even though I don't live there, and posted on my car and home windows. I hope no rocks are thrown!
I'm rooting for an underdog this year!
Tea
cupatea
cupatea

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:59 am

Did I tell you all about how my dad came to the aid of a church in Brazil? He got a call from one of the men at the church who begged my dad to bring them a vital piece of equipment when he went down there with my church. You see, the bulb on their big screen projector had just burned out, so they weren't going to be able to watch the World Cup! My dad saved them from calamity!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Forum very quiet last few days. Empty Pen apointment at hospital

Post  dizzyflower Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:44 am

Thanks for the enquiry.Very short apointment after all the time it took to get there.Was given betablockers and physio instructions. Once script was converted have started taking the meds and have physio on Monday. Suffering today because of heat yesterday and boiled my head so can't blame the meds.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:33 am

I have not been here for several weeks. When I would click on my Favorites to get here, all that I would get is, "Error! Page can not be found." I do not know why I could not, nor how I am now able to when I could not before. I have not changed anything.

I am glad to be back.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:54 am

Mule Kick wrote:I have not been here for several weeks. When I would click on my Favorites to get here, all that I would get is, "Error! Page can not be found." I do not know why I could not, nor how I am now able to when I could not before. I have not changed anything.I am glad to be back.

And we are glad to have you back. Very Happy

BTW that has happened to me a lot too.
Then I forget the URL and cant get in.
Rondas migraine, finds the old forum and that let me in....

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:55 am

I'm rooting for an underdog this year!
Tea

That would be England then... lol!

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down