migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rough morning + new sleep med

2 posters

Go down

Rough morning + new sleep med Empty Rough morning + new sleep med

Post  sailingmuffin Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:41 am

Hi All,

Last night I took Sillenor the nw sleep med that my dr wanted me to try. It doesn't work for me. I have fainted ten times already today- couldn't go to church, can't really do anything. Also, the migraine is horrible right now and the meds aren't helping at all. I guess all I can do is hope it gets better and go back to zanaflex for sleep. Just needed to vent. Pain is horrendous. I looked it up and found out this morning that fainting and migraine are a side effect of this medication-Arrghh.

C-PAP still helping some.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Rough morning + new sleep med Empty Re: Rough morning + new sleep med

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:54 am

Sailing,

Have they established if you are having a lack of oxygenated blood flow during these syncopal attacks?

Your memory and cognative functions absolutely have to be getting nailed during these events.

Are your docs monitoring this for you? My docs are quite concerned about the effects of syncope with me.

Good luck,
mgb

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi,

My doctors haven't checked for it specifically.

I am pretty sure that there has to be some lack of oxygenation effecting my cognitive function during these attacks because my mind is just what it should be if I have had several episodes in one day. I have told them that I feel fuzzy and am not as mentally alert as I should be, but they tend to discount it. I cover it pretty well, but those who know me can tell. My best friend is sure of it as am I.

Do you know of any specific tests that could be done to show if this is happening?

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:54 pm

SM,

This can be very difficult to test. There are a few tests that can be done with a central line testing exercise and lung/heart function (very risky, and very difficult to find someone to do this). Johns Hopkins were one of the only ones to suggest it, but no one carried it through. They could also do blood draws during syncopal events to test for O2 levels and some other things. Again, provocative studies that are not without risk.

They can also do some studies in the cath lab. I've had some done, but with minimal result. You can't exercise on the table, but you can move you arms and head position to check for flow problems.

On the neurocognative end, a full battery of neurocognative abilities can be done. Includes memory and IQ testing. A good battery runs about 4-5 hours of testing and evaluation. Highly important to test one's brain power to establish a baseline to measure off of in the future.

This doc does a very good job--he specializes in the testing end of neurocog illness caused by blood flow issues.

Johns Hopkins Neurocog

It's how creative the docs want to be, and how much risk is involved. Do you still have the Reveal monitor?

I see another EP this week. I'm starting to have enough changes to my cardiovascular system where it's just about time to stick in an ICD/pacemaker.

Good Luck!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:05 pm

I looked up sillenor right away. It's reformulated doxepin, an old school tricyclic antidepressant.

My neuro tried doxepin on me. I slept great, but, it made me angry and cranky.

I wish you could find answers , Muffin.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down