migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Visual noise" trigger for migraines article in USA Weekend today

2 posters

Go down

"Visual noise"  trigger for migraines article in USA Weekend today Empty "Visual noise" trigger for migraines article in USA Weekend today

Post  kathy Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:10 pm

In the USA Weekend there was an article in The Doctors interview titled Clear off the Table that addresses clutter. Scottish researchers studied the effect of "visual noise" on people who have migraines. When searching for something in clutter a migraine might be triggered by clusters of nerve cells becoming overactive, like a muscle spasm. People who don't get migraines were fine.

This makes sense to me.

I thought this was very interesting.

http://usaweekend.com
The doctors interview comes up. I searched for visual noise and went right to the article.

kathy

Back to top Go down

"Visual noise"  trigger for migraines article in USA Weekend today Empty Re: "Visual noise" trigger for migraines article in USA Weekend today

Post  Migrainegirl Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:10 am

I would be interested to see the original study on this. I wonder if people who get visual auras/sensivity are more suseptible to this visual clutter than others. I don't seem to have much trouble with visual clutter. I am much more suseptible to "auditory clutter" (i.e. Different sounds overlapping and competing with each other as well as noise) if that makes any sense.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down