migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocolate and Stress

5 posters

Go down

Chocolate and Stress Empty Chocolate and Stress

Post  Peter_sky Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:21 am

Not a bad week no head pain then this morning our ten year old House Rabbit Peter passed away, so I felt down so had a massive 1 1/2 Ib bar of milk Chocolate! Within 20 mins I can feel the start of a Migraine, and I thing a whopper.

My question is can triggers really act this fast, I only had the chocolate about 20 mins ago, or is it coincidence?

Also if you have some time without an M do you pay for it with a whooper when it does come, so if you could chose would you have a couple of mild Migraines or on BIG one but less often.

Our Rabbit was a good age he was about 10 I think, but it still came as a shock. The thing was I should have not been surprised as last night I had dreamt he died, in the dream he just run along the corridor, then stopped layed on his side and within moments he was gone. The amazing thing was this is exactly the way it happened. RIP Peter.

Peter
Peter_sky
Peter_sky

Back to top Go down

Chocolate and Stress Empty Re: Chocolate and Stress

Post  estre004 Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:05 am

Peter- sorry about your rabbit. The migraine could have come on by stress and have nothing to do with the chocolate or maybe chocolate was the final trigger coupled with other factors.

I think change of any kind can trigger migraines whether that is the weather, diet, activities, sleep pattern (or your rabbit dieing). Nobody knows.
The only way you will know is eat chocolate when you aren't under stress and see what happens.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:10 am

So sorry about your Rabbit, Peter.

As for the chocolate. I don't touch the stuff so I don't know.

I'm just sad for your loss.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:25 am

I'm sorry to hear about your rabbit. A pet passing is always sad. That may have had more of an effect than the chocolate, but the combo may have done you in. What kind of choclate was it? I only eat dark chocolate and have never had any issues with it. Sometimes milk chocolate will affect me so I stay away from it.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter_sky Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:36 am

Thank you for your replies. So far the migraine has not come to anything, I think I averted it by going for a walk with Rufus our dog. It is amazing how much good half an hour walking in the countryside clears your head. The choc was milk choc, yes I also found dark choc did not have the same adverse effect, I must get some in for next time, thank you again for your kind words, Peter
Peter_sky
Peter_sky

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:22 pm

Peter,

I am very sorry to hear about your bunny. Losing a pet is losing a piece of your heart. Crying or Very sad

In regards to eating chocolate: if I eat too much chocolate (dark or milk - no problems with white chocolate) I will have an aura and migraine within 30 minutes of consumption. I took off eating chocolate for an entire year because of this and a couple of months ago was at a friend's house for dinner. She had made a decadent flour-less chocolate cake and I just couldn't help myself - I had a big piece.

And an aura.

And a migraine.

It made me very very sad, but now I just avoid chocolate altogether. I found a really delicious brand of white chocolate that gets me by. I still find the whole situation to be very tragic, however.

-Jayme
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down