migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nerve Stimulator repair surgery set for tuesday

+13
Ruth
AZgirl
HeelerLady
Ivy
tecky
Greeneyes
Paradox
tortoisegirl
marion
Anna's Mom
30yrsofheadache
Mule Kick
sailingmuffin
17 posters

Go down

nerve Stimulator repair surgery set for tuesday Empty nerve Stimulator repair surgery set for tuesday

Post  sailingmuffin Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:38 am

Hi All,

I just thought I would let you know that the occipital nerve stimulator will be repaired on Tuesday, Sept. 14. We head to Denver tomorrow, see the doctor on Monday, Surgery is Tuesday. We will be oput there for about ten days- this is standard, just in case anything happens. I will be so glad to get this done and I know it will relieve some of the headaches, and maybe help with the fainting.

Speaking of the fainting, we will get a wheelchair out there so I don't fall and mess up anything.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions of fun things to do around denver, please let me know.

I will keep you posted on the surgery.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

nerve Stimulator repair surgery set for tuesday Empty Re: nerve Stimulator repair surgery set for tuesday

Post  Mule Kick Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:01 am

In the summer of 1976 I was stationed at Lowry AFB, in Denver for tech school when I was in the Air Force.

Morrison Red Rocks Amphitheater
http://gosw.about.com/od/bestsightstosee/p/redrock.htm

Larimer Square
http://www.larimersquare.com/history/
http://gocalifornia.about.com/cs/codenver/a/codenverlarsq.htm

The zoo and museum at City Park, as well as the park itself.

United States Mint
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_tours/?flash=yes&action=startreservation

This should do for a start.

Last edited by Mule Kick on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add more points of interest)
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

nerve Stimulator repair surgery set for tuesday Empty Re: nerve Stimulator repair surgery set for tuesday

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:51 am

Sailing, I have no advice on Denver. I just wanted to wish you luck with the surgery. I really hope it brings your pain back to a manageable level.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:23 pm

I wish for you the best possible outcome.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Good Luck!!! Really hope this works.
No clue on Denver, but if you ever come to Oz, plenty of ideas.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly and you will get some head pain relief soon. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:54 pm

Thanks Muffin for letting us know. Wishing you great success and sending you cyber hugs. I love you
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 pm

SM,
Will be thinking of you on Tuesday..praying, that your surgery goes well and that you have a quick recovery. Also, that this helps with your fainting issues.

Glad that your parents will be with you.

Blessings,
greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:03 am

My prayers are with you for a successful repair, quick recovery and successful help with the fainting. Please take care. I love you flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:00 am

SM,
good luck for the surgery. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that it will help you to improve your health
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:01 am

SM - so glad you are going to be able to get this fixed. I hope it really helps all the problems you've been experiencing.

I don't know a whole lot of things to do in Denver. I've been to Colorado Springs a few times and I know there are lots of things to see and do there. I don't know where your mom is staying but if it's at a hotel, they might have a listing of area attractions or your nurses might know of some cool places to see and visit. The locals usually know. Smile

Best wishes on your surgery!

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Hope all goes well. Treat yourself in recovery.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:17 pm

Good luck Sailing!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:57 pm

Ditto to everyone's comments Wendy, hope all goes well for you Smile

Ruth

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Best of luck with the surgery. I definitely recommend going up to Boulder. Lots of great restaurants. If you like shopping the renovated downtown area is very nice for walking around also.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  cupatea Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:43 am

Thinking of you right now, Sailing....wishing you a speedy recovery, too!
T
cupatea
cupatea

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi All,

Thanks so much for all the prayers, good wishes, and support!

The surgery went extremely well and I now have a completely new occipital nerve stimulator implanted. Surgery itself wasn't bad at all. Plus, the stimulator is on and I feel a lot better than I did before the surgery. i am on a little more medication post-op, but it works.

We rented a lightweight wheelchair-may consider getting one for home- and that has been great too. I have fainted two or three times a day since the surgery, but usually made it to the chair or fainted in the room. Having the chair means that I have not fainted while we were out.

We went to see redrocks ampitheater yesterday. It is really gorgeous.

Today, we met up with an old friend for lunch and took a short stroll around the cherry creek mall.

I can do one activity a day and that is it. I am wiped out.

Pain freedays,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Fantastic SM. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am

So glad it went well. I will look forward to hearing more about the procedure and where you went when you are feeling up to it. Take care and don't overdo. The higher elevation can get to people who haven't even been through as much as you have.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:51 pm

How are you doing now, Sailing Muffin?

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:36 am

I'm so glad the surgery went so well for you and everything crossed that you start having some better days Smile

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi All,

I am doing a little better. Basically, I am back where I was before the stimulator broke- medications work, I can function better. I do have constant pain, but it is not at the all consuming 24/7 9.5 it was. I would rank it somewhere between a 6-7 now, which is a lot better. I have been able to go way down on pain medication. So I am doing ok.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:37 pm

I am glad that you enjoyed Red Rocks, and that you are feeling somewhat better. The rock formations there are truly impressive to behold!
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:48 am

So glad to hear you are doing better, SM. I hope that this continues and perhaps even decreases your pain level over time.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:14 pm

What doctor or clinic did you go to for the nerve stimulator?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down