migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cupcakes. Recipe

3 posters

Go down

Cupcakes. Recipe Empty Cupcakes. Recipe

Post  pen Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 pm

My daughter likes making cup cakes. We like American ones. I'm not sure what the difference is but we like them best.
Do any of you have a good recipe please? The one she uses is good, but fiddly.
Do they have to be fiddly? mixing different bits in different bowls??
Be grateful for any you dont mind sharing, thanks.

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Cupcakes. Recipe Empty Re: Cupcakes. Recipe

Post  HeelerLady Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Pen,

Here, any cake recipe can be made into cup cakes. The only variance would be the baking time. Usually the butter and sugar gets creamed together first, then add the rest of the wet ingredients. Dry ingredients (flour, soda, etc) are usually mixed in a separate bowl or you could sift them over your wet ingredients to save a bowl. While I do like to bake, I'm not fond of cleaning up the mess afterwards either.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:09 pm

HeelerLady wrote:Pen,

Here, any cake recipe can be made into cup cakes. The only variance would be the baking time. Usually the butter and sugar gets creamed together first, then add the rest of the wet ingredients. Dry ingredients (flour, soda, etc) are usually mixed in a separate bowl or you could sift them over your wet ingredients to save a bowl. While I do like to bake, I'm not fond of cleaning up the mess afterwards either.

Thanks for explaining that. Here its also any recipe, but the mixing would be ah all in one.
Perhaps that is why the American ones are better?

So a white cake or yellow cake....Anything....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:41 pm

There is something to baking. When you do things in a certain order they come out better. I think it must have to do with the chemistry or mixing and how it gets mixed. My mom is the one that taught me the importance of following instructions to a T and it turns out much better that way.

So any recipe, white, yellow, chocolate - doesn't matter. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Cupcakes. Recipe Empty cup cakes

Post  dawn.binks Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:13 pm

yes only ever used the same recipe for any cake cup or larger cake tin. the bero recipe book, very ancient but in its moder format just does it the same.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:40 pm

HeelerLady wrote:There is something to baking. When you do things in a certain order they come out better. I think it must have to do with the chemistry or mixing and how it gets mixed. My mom is the one that taught me the importance of following instructions to a T and it turns out much better that way.
So any recipe, white, yellow, chocolate - doesn't matter. Smile

Believe it or not, my Dad was a baker and confectioner and I was a 4th generation baker when working with him.
However, stopped to have kids, health failed, never went back to the family bakery. Now I just cant recall all kinds of stuff. Of course we tended to use English recipes anyway. My cookies used to be legendary, but our current stove just kills them. My pastry (Dad's recipe), is still good.He used to tell me my cold hands were pasty making hands...But. I cant do anything any more, the pain is too constant for me to concentrate. So I handed it all over to my daughters. My son is an excellent cook, but doesnt do much sweet, more dinners.

I will pass it on to my youngest, thank you.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down