migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ended up in the ER last night

+3
AZgirl
LG
TaraRose
7 posters

Go down

ended up in the ER last night Empty ended up in the ER last night

Post  TaraRose Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:12 pm

christmas day I woke up with a 2...it came and went all day, and the next day and by the end of the 3rd day I was at about a 4. Sunday I woke up with a 8-9 excrutiating headache, none of the meds I had would have even touched it so I didnt bother. I slept and slept and slept and woke periods of an hour or less at a time, only to be greeted by a raging migraine as soon as I opened my eyes. last night about 230 AM I woke up and simply could not sleep any more. I was still at a 7 so off to the ER I went. The nurse seemed shocked when I refused her offer of demerol and instead got a cocktail of imitrex, benedryl, toradol and compazine which almost immediately brought my down to a 2 again, which felt like heaven, and left about 430 this morning. Stupidly, I went to work and am now back at about a 4-5. What a crappy way to waste your life.......and about $400 on an ER visit that barely got me through the day No

thanks for listening to my vent.... Embarassed

TaraRose

Back to top Go down

ended up in the ER last night Empty Re: ended up in the ER last night

Post  LG Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm sorry. I really hope it breaks for you. I recently went through a really long one myself.
Nothing seemed to help, not even for a little while. I really wish you well and hope it goes away soon.
And then I hope it stays away.

Rest and don't be afraid to tell everyone to shut up Wink
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Sorry you are suffering, wish there was something better/stronger/more effective for you.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TaraRose Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:53 pm

thank you guys Smile The injection site from my imitrex (right in my stomach) is really sore. I wonder if that is normal?? the other injection sites are not painful at all

TaraRose

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:13 am

In your stomach? Hmmm...I've never been given a shot there before.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  TaraRose Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:27 am

yep, the imitrex inj was in my stomach. Feeling much better today, back at a 1 Smile hopefully a zero by this afternoon after I get moving. Man there migraines are seeming longer and more vicious each time..I thought they were supposed to start going away as you get older Mad

TaraRose

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:51 am

In your stomach? Ow, Ow, Ow! affraid

I've never heard of that for Imitrex, even when I got one at the MD's office. I always use my thigh when I self inject...
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:41 pm

It's a subquatneous injection, so the stomach would work. That's where DH gets his insulin injections. Imitrex uses a much bigger needle though, so I wouldn't want to use the stomach. His insulin needles are as thin as a strand of hair.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Sometimes it depends on the body type. I know that some shots are given in the buttocks if your arms
or thighs are too thin because occassionally nurses break the tips of needles on the bones. If you are thin,
that could be the reason stomach was used as there are no bones there.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  TaraRose Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:36 pm

No, I am definitely not thin, I have PLENTY of padding on my tummy Wink but she did use an insulin needle and I didnt even feel the needle go in actually, but man the imitrex burned like a sonofa***!! I am not feeling it so much today but yesterday it felt like I did a thousand crunches!!

TaraRose

Back to top Go down

Post  darde Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:36 pm

The last time I went to the er the only thing they offered my was O2 therapy and I had never been to the er for a migraine before!!!!

darde

Back to top Go down

Post  TaraRose Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:28 pm

I am really lucky, the ER doc here has always been really really sympathetic with my migraines, never refuses me narcotics if I need them and usually offers to send me with a script for whatever I want as well. I have heard some horror stories about nasty ER docs on here... Sad

TaraRose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down