migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too hot at night

+3
Paradox
CluelessKitty
Senna
7 posters

Go down

Too hot at night Empty Too hot at night

Post  Senna Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Yes, I am very hot.
And I wonder why, and if others have this feeling too.
I am always too hot in bed at night.
No matter what temperaturet is, as soon as I am under covers at night I feel so hot, that I keep fighting my bedding to get cooled down. I have been like this all my life.

Yet if I measure my temperature, when I feel like I am burning it is prefectly normal.

Now I see my little garndson is the same, he is always hot, always kicks off all his bed covers, always complains about being too hot.

He has had some bouts of bad h/a as well, and I am worried that he might have inherited my migraines - it breaks my heart.

I wonder if being hot is yet another strange symptom typical and connected with migraines, as so many strange things seems to be. We keep discovering so many migraine connections, so I wondered if this is something similar.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Too hot at night Empty Re: Too hot at night

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Sometimes Addison's disease may include these symptoms, but I'm sure not only this disease.

In Addison's the symptoms may progress very slowly so it's hard to even notice them or pin point to this particular health problem.
http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/addison/addison.htm#symptoms

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:29 pm

I'm always hot at night. Even in the winter when it's below zero I have the window open. Hubby has learned to cope with a dual control heated mattress pad.

I have been this way all my life and my son is also. My son has migraines too, though not as frequently as I.

I never share hotel rooms because I simply can't sleep when it's warm enough to be comfortable for others.

Looked up your link, Risa. Unfortunately weight loss is not a problem here! pig
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:54 am

I've been having this problem for alot of years now.

I have to run a fan at night even in the dead of winter.

Hubby and I were just talking about this problem yesterday.

When it's cold outside, I will get under the cover because I'm cold and then 15 minutes later I will be just burning up.

It's really uncomfortable til I get cooled down again.

I can't wear anything warm to bed. I have lots of summer type sleep shirts that I use all year long.

It's so nice to know that I'm not alone.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:02 am

Isn't it amazing that no matter how every "minor" or "strange" a problem, something we think is "just me", is yet another demonstartion of this strange condition!

Thank you very much for your feedback Cindy, Charlotte and Risa (I will investigate more about Addison's later). It makes me feel much better to know that I am not just being "difficult" over this.

And sorry about dely in response, due to the world time differences.

The fact that I get so hot, is one reason why I love my new single bed.
Sleeping with someone (even if I care deeply for that person) is a torture for me, as I am tossing and turning to get cool; I cannot get any sleep and the partner cannot get any sleep.
So, I will insist on separate bedrooms and "visit" my partner in the evening and when I am ready for sleep I need to go to my own bed, otherwise nobody gets any rest.

There were protests but it works quite well. Of course this is not an ideal solution, but sleep is important, since too little sleep often brings migraine next day.

I also love to sleep with no night clothes, and always use natural fabrics for my bed comforter (quilt) which means lots of ironing of course, but it all helps.

I wonder what other strange thing about this condiction we might still discover in the future?

I thought we know everything about such things here, as we have talked here about it so much already, but still we still discover new things.

It is great that we can exchange such information here, since no doctor will tell us, and other people do not understand that such peculiarities are part of a disease, that we are not being difficult just, for the sake of it.
Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Up until four years ago when we got the king size bed, hubby and I slept in separate bedrooms.

On top of me being hot anyway, he would want to be a snuggle bunny. He'd root for me all night til he was right up against me. With the big bed he doesn't do it. Too far I guess!

I think sleeping in the same bed is vastly over-rated. Especially when I hear my friends complain about a spouse or partner that snores. I think a good night's sleep is more important. Just my opinion though!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:56 am

Totally agree, Charlotte.
And BTW, visiting each other in different rooms, can be made very romantic indeed.
Those who have not tried it - give it a go, and see what I mean.
Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:42 am

I think sleeping in the same bed is vastly over-rated. Especially when I hear my friends complain about a spouse or partner that snores. I think a good night's sleep is more important. Just my opinion though!

I agree Charlotte. Since I got Fibro neither of us got a good nights sleep. He snores more and fidgets.
I need to be warmer, him cooler. I cant stand him moving about all the time because he is too hot.
We sleep better apart and often do.

Keeps one's temperament more even. Few people are good tempered when losing sleep.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:34 am

I'm the complete opposite. I am always cold when I go to bed. I wear a hat to bed. There are extra covers on my side of the bed.

As for sleeping apart, never gonna happen. He might bother me but he can't sleep if I'm not there. Its part of being married and I like being married. cheers

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:31 am

Ha ha, Survivor. I LOVE being married. Been that way for 26 years. I just hate sharing a bed!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:33 pm

paradox wrote:Ha ha, Survivor. I LOVE being married. Been that way for 26 years. I just hate sharing a bed!

I should have said it is part of MY being married. I have been married for over 27 years. He wakes up if I am not there. I wake up no matter what. One of us might as well get a good night's sleep. So, I sleep w/ him.

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:44 pm

It'll be 25 years tomorrow cheers . I go to bed cold and wake hot, he goes to bed hot and wakes cold! He sleeps diagonally, I pinch the covers. If I wanted relief from his snoring, it wouldn't be separate beds, it'd be separate houses Shocked . Yet somehow, we still share the same bed!

Sleep well everyone!

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Actually, and this is after 38 1/2 years. The snoring is not the biggest problem it is the leg rubbing.
I dont know if he is trying to start a fire, but at fairly frequent intervals during the night,he rubs his legs together...
May he be metamorphosing as a cricket???
Either way it shakes the bed and makes much noise, and.....if one's head is tender (when is it not!!)
It is unbearable.

Snoring is bearable from the other room (our house has a central staircase so he is far removed.).
We slept together for 37 years, but now it is sanity and temperament, not to mention non exacerbation of pain (Oh I mentioned it!!!), that count the most. When we sleep together, we both wake (assuming we have slumbered)...tetchy.

But to each his own....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:46 pm

Aaaaaaaaah - Liz and Survivor, I loved your response, you sound just like the words to some sweet love song. That's right - "we suffer for our love". "No matter what obstacles we stick together" sorts of a song - I think this is wonderful. Love is wonderful, you deserve to be happy.

Sadly for some of us, the marital bed was/is the loneliest place in the world. When you are with the wrong person this is where you feel most lonely. But this is another story.

Thank you for all your repsonses, it is interesting to see that most of us are indeed very hot in bed, so there is some connection.
But not all of us. Not yet, anyway.

SeNNA

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Senna, since you are in UK you should check your Vit D level, calcium level and even if those are at acceptable numbers if I was you I would start taking Vit D and C supplement anyway
unless of course your blood test showed the levels way too high.

We British Columbians have I think similar weather to UK- rather little of sun and lots of rain for the most of the year
and the latest scientific data shows clearly the majority of our population have significant lack of Vit D.

Lack of Vit D cause fatigue. I've notice ever since I've started taking Vit D supplement I feel a lot more energy than before.
It is very likely since you too not only live in similar climate but also like me avoid sun all the time, you may have those Fibro like symptoms in due to lack of vit D deficiency, ina big part at least. And the deficiency symptoms creep up slowly, so you wouldn't even know it's from this.

It improves as slowly. It will be weeks before you will feel difference. But you will.

http://www.squidoo.com/vitamin-d-deficiency-symptoms
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/v/vitamin_d_deficiency/symptoms.htm
(scroll way down)
# Myalgia

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:46 am

Thank You Risa, well spotted, you are absolutely right - my Vit D levels are very low, as I spend so much time indoors - I also have sun sensitivity and need to wear high factor sunscreen, which does not help either.

I was prescribed Calc+Vit D - by the doctor who diagnosed my Fibro, so there is connection.

So I take VitD and Calcium supplement - together with my Omegas combination and all sorts of other vitamins. I rattle inside, as we all do, one way or another.

However I have not noticed any dramatic changes in my energy levels, but I think I function a little better, then I did before.It is difficult to move about if your body hurts. But with the spring weather and countryside blooming, I will make more effort.

Even went to a lunchtime concert in the Chrurch nearby y-day where students from a famous very old (priavate) school give very accomplished perfromances for the people in our region. It was very moving - Mozart will never sound the same - and well worth the effort.

Spring is late here but even more appreciated
Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down