migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aging sucks...

+7
lostinobx
pen
Hal
Almostangela
Brenda
estre004
alli
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aging sucks... Empty Aging sucks...

Post  alli Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:11 am

So after I huffed and puffed my way through my gym session this morning I was feeling pretty good about myself. I'm getting ready for work and as I was appying my facial enhancement products, I noticed that my freakin eyebrows are turning grey! Whaaaaa??? No fair!

I'm very lucky in that my hair is not greying yet, but I was not prepared for my eyebrows turning grey. That is just a bit depressing.... and I found out that my trainer is practically an infant!!! He is younger than my son and that he did not know who Linda Ronstadt was (a song of hers was playing over the gym speakers). I didn't dare ask him to name all the Beatles... It would have been too depressing if he said "Who?".

I feel old.....
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Aging sucks... Empty Re: Aging sucks...

Post  estre004 Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:21 am

I find nothing "golden" about aging, nothing. It sucks.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:57 am

As Betty Davis said... "Old age is no place for sissies." LOL

Whenever I look in the mirror and I see so many strands of gray coming in, and I see the laugh lines and crows feet beginning to form, I wonder who the aging woman is who's looking back at me. Smile
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Two days ago, half of my tooth fell out for no reason, and then!! I found out I was going to be a grandmother !!!!!!

I looked in the mirror and said "who the hell is that and who said it was okay to change to the next chapter?"

Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Oh to be 47 again and know what I know now. I'd just shoot myself and get it over with! If I had known that I was going to live so long, I would have taken better care of myself. Growing old is not for sissies. When I was young, I would think of all of the things I would do and places I would go when I retired. Now I'm lucky to feel well enough to go down to the local drug store to pick up my meds.

I used to think that a good night was getting to bed by ten and to sleep by midnight. Now I'm lucky to get to bed by midnight after falling asleep in the chair at nine waiting for the ten o'clock news. Now I know why we have our kids when we are young. I couldn't catch them now. I look in the mirror and see my grandfather. It is scarey to look at my grandkids and know what they are thinking about me and then to think that I am the last living in the family tree, but it is nice to know there is a tree.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Aging sucks... Empty The Golden years

Post  Hal Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:59 pm

The only thing Golden about growing old is the gold in your teeth, if you have any.
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:16 pm

I can't imagine having kids now. I know so many people who are having kids in their 40's. I couldn't do it. I had my son at 21 and my daughter at 27... I thought it was hard keeping up with them then! Migraines became chronic with Sarah's pregnancy so it was triply hard to run after the little rugrats.... not to mention years, years, decades even!!! of various little leagues and sports, music etc.

I became emancipated at 45 when Sarah turned 18. Thinking of having an infant now??? eeeeeee I'll wait for the grandbabies thank you very much!

Since I plan on living another 40 years..... I need more energy.... thus the gym now. and can I just say owwwwww!!!! My infant trainer is working me hard so I can reach my goals. Do you know how many body parts attach to your coccyx? Too many.. and we are working them all. I can sit down but getting out of the chair is a lesson in pain managment. Laughing

alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Oh Alli and Angela, you are both so young still. Dont even think about the old factor or you will spoil the next 10 to 15 years.
You are still young.
And yes it sucks....

Pen

Last edited by pen on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:07 pm

pen wrote:Oh Alli and Angela, you are both so young still. Dont even think about the old factor or you will spoil the next 10 to 15 years.
You are still young. And yes it sucks....

Pen

I'm going to hang onto that with both fists and take that as good advise.

Only yesterday I was thinking like Hal and wondering if I should shoot myself now.

"Oh to be 47 again and know what I know now. I'd just shoot myself and get it over with!"

But I guess the antidepressants finally kicked in on time.

Time is relative to where you are standing I guess, and if you are living in the moment, it just doesn't matter.

Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:12 pm

Go for it Angela. I wish someone would have told me how good the bad can turn out to be...

sunny

pen

Back to top Go down

Aging sucks... Empty Old?

Post  Hal Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Hey Pen,

Isn't it a riot how these youngsters think they are old? And I have friends that call me a youngster. Those guys are relics. Laughing

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Indeed Hal. I wish I was that old again....dont you?? cheers

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:39 pm

So true Hal. My bosses are all about 20+ years older than me so when I say I'm getting old, they just laugh at me. Razz I get no sympathy!

alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Just think, Alli, you are still young enough to have a couple more kids. Think of all of the fun. Laughing

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:16 pm

ROTFLMAO!!!!! No freakin way! I've done my duty, it is now time to rest and wait for grandbabies to spoil.

I don't even want to date a man who's kids aren't grown yet. Razz
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  lostinobx Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:23 pm

What a topic - one try I try not to think about - Smile

Alli - you and I are just about the same age and I envy you! You said that the only thing that is turning gray on you is your eyebrows. Wow, I have been having to color my hair now for a few years because of that white wiry stuff that grows out of the top of my head. First color, then highlights. And sweetie, let me tell you, it's almost impossible to keep color on it long before more keep popping out from NOWHERE land!! Seems I can't keep color or highlights for more than a couple of mths, then it's back to the salon and another 100 plus $ out the window - UGH!!!

But, on the upside, so far, knock on wood, I do not seem to have a problem with wrinkles. When my hair does have color on it, I get carded!! I absolutely LOVE it Smile

Of course, along with the aging, there is also memory loss and add to that the meds I take like topamax, makes me feel older than my age.

I guess though, at this point in my life and at my age, I wouldn't be the person that I am now and that comes from being this age and all of lifes experiences. I do not believe I would go back and change anything - ok, maybe a couple of things (or I should say getting involved with a certain person), but then too, I did learn something very valuable.

They say, with age comes wisdom and I truly believe that! It's not how old we are, it's how old we act and feel.

Hugs to all!

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:42 pm

I dont have gray hair yet. A few odd strands, but not gray. I am the only woman of my age that I know that hasnt gone gray.
But get this: Everyone assumes I am gray and just color it. affraid
So I might as well be gray I think......

I dont have wrinkles either, just a tired face from the migraine pain, I am sure all of you on FB have observed.

Hair is easily fixable and wrinkles, the luck of the draw, I have greasy skin.

Now state of mind, that's the thing...
Nolt talking about forgetting stuff, everyone does that anyway.
My 35 year old DIL has much less memory than me.
It's where you are in your head, that is the bit that ages.
But dont waste the younger years pondering on it.
Live it, if its coming, it will come soon enough

You poor old things... lol!

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:48 pm

I freaked last year when I had to get my upper lip waxed. I've always been fair haired, fair skinned, and whoa! What's that dark curly thing on my lip?

I had to get out the magnifying glass so I could actually SEE what it was. My eyebrows are definitely bushier because I can't see them as well to pluck them.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:10 pm

LoL , Yes it does. I keep noticing how deeper my wrinkles are getting and more of them. I turned grey a long time ago and a few greys in eyebrows. My body isn`t the same either. It just all down hill physicaly.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:05 pm

You guys are really depressing. Is this what I have to look forward to? lol!

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:45 pm

LOL

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Yeh Pen, we better start preparing ourselves for this aging thing thes guys are talking about. Plucking my eyebrows? I have had bushy eyebrows all of my life and love to scare the kiddies on Holloween. I wax them and turn them up on the ends, dress up in a red suit and put on some really good looking horns that you would be sure are growing out of my forehead. I grow a good mustache and gotee. As for the grey hair, I have some on the sides, very distinctive.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:16 am

Hal wrote:Yeh Pen, we better start preparing ourselves for this aging thing thes guys are talking about. Plucking my eyebrows? I have had bushy eyebrows all of my life and love to scare the kiddies on Holloween. I wax them and turn them up on the ends, dress up in a red suit and put on some really good looking horns that you would be sure are growing out of my forehead. I grow a good mustache and gotee. As for the grey hair, I have some on the sides, very distinctive.Hal

Sounds awesome Hal, pictures please... Very Happy Lets show these crumblies how it's done... cheers

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:42 am

Pictures will have to wait for Holloween. I normally do not have facial hair.

Getting old really sucks. Last year the gotee was YIKES all grey!

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:03 am

By Halloween, I hope to be the sexy devil! Twisted Evil That gives me 4 months to lose half of what I have gained. Doable.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next