migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Started at the gym today

5 posters

Go down

Started at the gym today Empty Started at the gym today

Post  alli Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Well I am very proud of myself. I was at the gym today at 6:30am to meet with the trainer. What a cutie! I wish he was 20 years older and single! Very Happy

Anyway, he did his homework on fibro so has a plan to start me off slow and build up my strength as I can handle it. As luck would have it, I had a bad night last night. I woke up a 2:30 with my heels just aching like the dickens. It took several hours before I could get back to sleep so I only got about 2-3 hours and ached like heck when I got up... but I went in anyway.

I am prepared to hurt a lot for the first month if today is any indication. Just light stretching and a little time on the bike and I feel like I've been put through the wringer.

I think I need a jacuzzi!
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Started at the gym today Empty Re: Started at the gym today

Post  Paradox Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm proud of you too. you and Milo are inspiring me. It will just be walking for me, but that's more than Ive doing.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:45 am

Walking is one of the best things you can do when starting out. Try to do it every day or at least every other day. The only time I ever wish I had a dog is when I think that walking one everyday would be a good way from me to exercise, but I'm a cat person and I could just see the train wreck walking a cat would be!

I am determined to make it into the gym three times a week and Nick has "promised" that he will yell at me if I don't make it in. I am really hoping losing weight and getting stronger will help with the pain and reduce the migraines. Fingers crossed!
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 am

I'm so excited for you, Alli, and I admire your determination. Keep up the good work!!!! flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:40 am

Yay Alli!!!! As the signs on my race siad......"your feet hurt because you are kicking so many butts!!!!!!"
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Yea Alli! I love going to the gym. It is very helpful with my neck and shoulder pain. Actually, I now have a setup in my shed. I have been to a trainer so I know how to design routines that work for me. And I definitely believe in starting with a trainer. He/she can custom design routines that take into account one's strengths and limitations - and help you from getting injured.

Let's see you start slinging that iron, er, I mean, carefully moving the weights.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down