migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Ladies

+5
alli
HeelerLady
Almostangela
lesherb
survivor
9 posters

Go down

For the Ladies Empty For the Ladies

Post  survivor Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:01 am

Another forum I belong to is having a discussion about ladies lingerie. This link was posted. Everyone was raving about them. They don't look comfortable to me but I am an underwire sort of person. I thought some here might like them.

http://www.decentexposures.com/

survivor

Back to top Go down

For the Ladies Empty Re: For the Ladies

Post  lesherb Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:17 am

They're a bit pricey, IMHO. affraid
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:01 am

I think it would be fine if you were young, firm and small. But for larger breasted older women....well, I don't want the girls flopping about. Also, adding thick fabric to large breasts just adds more attention.

To me, it is advertising track pants for your chest.

I give it two thumbs down.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:46 am

Almostangela wrote:I think it would be fine if you were young, firm and small. But for larger breasted older women....well, I don't want the girls flopping about. Also, adding thick fabric to large breasts just adds more attention.

To me, it is advertising track pants for your chest.

I give it two thumbs down.

Angela

I looked at it and that was my thought too. I'm not particularly old or sagging but their models sure seemed to be. Not exactly what I'm looking for...

The track pants for your chest part just cracked me up. lol!

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:30 am

Me too! That was hilarious! They'd be good to sleep in if you like to sleep with a bra on otherwise, not enough support for everyday.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 am

Like I said, I don't think they look comfortable at all. I should have been clearer about why I posted the link here. I can't stand to be braless if I am awake. I have some bras that I would not wear in public - they don't offer enough support of any activity and they are too thin - that I wear if I am home sick with a migraine.

I am large busted and I get uncomfortable if I don't have some support. However, I don't want anything racer backed nor anything that goes over my head. Migraine days at home are the ONLY days I don't wear an underwire.

I posted the link in case others here are like me and might find those appealing for those type of days. Also, a lady on the forum said after her open heart surgery they are the only thing that does cause pain on her scar tissue.

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:24 am

OK, my take on them is that why wear one at all if that is all the support you are going to get. I would feel trapped in it, and I can't see where it is serving any purpose. If you don't need a lot of support they may work in the place of a tank top under something sheer, etc

Fun topic though.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:17 pm

No good for me, I need major underwire. I hate bras, they give me headaches from the strap pressure. I go without in the house if its just family home. Not a pretty sight, but comfy!
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:37 am

I'm with Cindy on this one. I go without when possible (sometimes even when I should be wearing one). I think they are bothersome. I do wear good underwire ones though when I do where them, or why bother.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:47 am

Me too. I hate the darn things. It's almost the first thing that comes off when I get home from work. They bind me around the ribs. I have a spot that flares up with fibro flares right where the strap hits my ribs. It is way to uncomfortable to have anything binding me when that hurts.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Ditto here. I don't care that they hang around my knees, the first thing that comes off when I get home is my bra.

I am very barrel chested. By the time I get the right band width the cup is three times to big and pooching. So I walk around with a too tight bra and almost permanent red marks around my chest.

I've been fitted by umpteen "professionals", even one in Chi-Town that was recommended by Oprah. Still the red marks. If I use extenders they ride up.

I HATE BRAS!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm exactly the opposite. I am miserable without mine. I will adjust the straps depending on how I am feeling. I am very particular about the fit.

I need it on as soon as my feet hit the floor and take it off when I am going to sleep.

When I had my youngest son I had to go have a chest x-ray because I had pneumonia. He was about 2 hours old. I mentioned to the x-ray tech I needed to take my bra off. He said, "I thought they said you just had a baby?" I couldn't understand why that would make me go braless!

When I had my hysterectomy I made my husband put my bra back on before he left the hospital. The nurse questioned it and he told her, "She won't rest here if she doesn't have it on. She will keep waking up uncomfortable without it."

So, I could see waring those to sleep in but not for public wear!!

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:16 pm

I had to wear one of the style of the strapless kind when I couldn't find any other strapless bra in an F size. Those were available S, M, and L, and it was awful! We were actually going to try to have me wear that and something else on top for the strapless dress I wore in my best friend's wedding. But then I discovered The Wizard of Bras, a wonderful store that personally fits each customer and sold me the best strapless bra I've ever seen for only $30! When you can usually hardly find any Fs for less than $50 or $75, that was a real bargain!

As for me, I go braless at home all the time, but if I am going to be around others, I need to wear my bra. I need the support. I must look funny when I run to answer the phone when at home. I have to hold my breasts to keep them from flailing uncomfortably. I've heard of women pulling a muscle from doing sports with inadequate support!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down