migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My neck hurts!!!

+3
lostinobx
prettyserious
alli
7 posters

Go down

My neck hurts!!! Empty My neck hurts!!!

Post  alli Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:19 pm

I feel like I have a 50lb weight on shoulders and it is pulling all up my neck to the back of my head. Nothing is helping. I've been stretching and rotating my shoulders and it just gets tighter. The pain is starting above my eye. I can feel a really nasty migraine coming on. I'm taking some Fioricet hoping that will stave it off or at least mitigate it a bit.

The temp dropped 20 degrees in 2 days and I can feel it everywhere. Even my skin hurts and anywhere a nerve cluster is, hurts! and is extremely sensitive to pressure. Some of this is Fibro and some migraine. It's hard to separate the two.

At times I am amazed by how many parts of our bodies are affected by migraine atacks and other times I am in dispair over the same thing. I want so badly not to feel like this.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

My neck hurts!!! Empty Re: My neck hurts!!!

Post  prettyserious Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Ugh, I'm so sorry! Sad I hope your Fioricet does the trick. I get bad neck pain with my migraines, too - for the longest time, my doctor refused to believe they were related! I think I'm gonna buy one of those horseshoe shaped neck pillows like you can use on plane rides to support your neck. It seems like a good way to take some of the pressure off. Sometimes I feel like if I could just get my head situated correctly, my head wouldn't hurt so bad.

I'm sending you soothing massage vibes! Feel better!
prettyserious
prettyserious

http://www.twitter.com/pretty_serious

Back to top Go down

Post  lostinobx Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Alli,

So sorry you are hurting sweetie. I too get the neck pain with my migraines, but I don't have Fribro and cannot compare that pain to anything. I had a friend I use to work with who had it and you could always tell when she was in pain.

Boy, I envy you with your temp. I wish it would drop here about 20 degrees. Yesterday was in the 100's and today was a little cooler, in the 90's. HA! UGH...I hate the heat and humidity and so does my head Mad

Hoping you feel better soon!

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

Post  mxgo Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Alli, I just wonder how much of our headaches and/or neck/shoulder pain may be because of allergies?

I see from the weather web site that pollen count for both trees and grass is high in both our areas; I live just east of you near Sacramento.

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:29 pm

I'm sorry, Alli.

I am having a real rough day with my neck/back of head, too. It's just so draining.
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:31 pm

Seems that the article that Teri posted about njeck pain being more prevalent than nausea has a few takers on here.
I almost never get nausea, once in a while, but this neck pain is getting a real problem.

Brief journey home today, killed it. I hurts so bad and nothing helps.

Alli and all, you have my sympathy.

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:50 pm

When I have the neck pain/migraine, just opening a door is so excruciating. I think the neck pain is almost the worst part of migraine.

I almost never get nauseous, either.
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  janmil1213 Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:19 pm

I, too, get major neck pain along with my migraines - my neurologist has referred me to a pain management / anesthesiologist to get Trigger Point / Occipital Nerve block injections - I have my first round of injections at the end of the month & if I get even a slight bit of relief, I'll be thrilled!!! Maybe you could ask your doctor about this procedure for your pain - hope you're feeling better soon!!!!

Janice

janmil1213

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:26 am

Two totally lost days and I got another one last night. Could hardly sleep and I am so medicated that all I can do is mindless work. My daughter drove me to work and if I feel up to it, I'll walk the 3/4 mi to her job when it's time to go home, otherwise she'll come get me.

Weaning off this stuff is not fun. The shoulder twitch is coming back when I'm falling asleep and just waking up. I guess Lyrica was keeping that under control. That is upsetting. The twitch gets very tiring and painful after a while. The facial and scalp pain is increasing also. I knew that would but I had a teensy hope that I'd have a remission. Sad

Why can't we find a med that works without making other parts of the body go haywire? I'm discouraged.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down