migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just cancelled my vacation plans...crud

+7
crt
CluelessKitty
pen
Brent
Mianna
alli
Paradox
11 posters

Go down

I just cancelled my vacation plans...crud Empty I just cancelled my vacation plans...crud

Post  Paradox Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:38 pm

I had a action packed vacation planned for the whole family, including my DIL. I was going to be able to check some things off my bucket list like white water rafting and zorbing. Hubby was going to race under the lights in a NASCAR at Lowes Speedway in Charlotte.

I cancelled it today. I can't even stand or sit long enough to make through a seven hour work day.

My son is going to fly with his Dad to Charlotte for two days so that he can do his NASCAR thing.

I'm bummed. We haven't vacation together in over ten years.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

I just cancelled my vacation plans...crud Empty Re: I just cancelled my vacation plans...crud

Post  alli Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel though. I've been wiped out since the wedding. No energy and migraines every other day or so, not to mention the body pain from the edema. Ugh.

It sucks when we have to miss out on fun things because our bodies fail us.

Hugs
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

I just cancelled my vacation plans...crud Empty Re: I just cancelled my vacation plans...crud

Post  Paradox Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:26 pm

A friend invited me to go to a LPGA tournament this weekend. I've never been to one and thought it would be interesting. It briefly crossed my mind that I could go if he could push me in a wheel chair.

Then I realized...a wheel chair...I'm only 50. Yes, I teared up a bit.

My body has always been very powerful. When I was little my Dad nicknamed me "Bam Bam" because I was so strong. In high school I went to State in Track and Field Hockey. My sister, who is three years old er than me and also fifty pounds overweight just ran her first half marathon. I can't even run to the end of my driveway.

Yes, I will accept it. No choice, but feeling sorry for myself today.

But, the healthy eating is going pretty well. And, still not smoking (been two months) so at least I know Im taking steps to help myself.

Maybe if it would quit raining my mood would improve.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mianna Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:44 pm

My hubby is in an airport right now for work travel.....thank you God for a job!.........but he just called to say it's kinda sad because all the people in the airport are families together traveling here and there on vacations........and he wishes it were us.

But we've been unemployed for over a year and are living with family........and that's not in our future........but I can picture it and know how it made him feel.

Sorry your plans have had to change...........been there before and it's painful.
Mianna
Mianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:55 pm

It's been six years since we went on any multi day vacation. With my job I don't have paid vacations and can't leave the people I treat hanging. Not to mention the unpredictable mig attacks.

But I have discovered the shorter one or two day vacations that are closer to home. Less planning, less money and no problem to change on short notice. My daughter and I try to get out any time the weather permits. I do live in a great place with so much to do and fairly close to home.

And as we know the long extended vacations can end up being a bit stressful and exausting. You need a vacation from the vacation. That doesn't happen on the short 1-2 day getaways. I would rather have a whole bunch of little mini vacations than one big one each year.

For us mig patients that is something to look into due to their unpredictability. I still have so many far off places that I want to visit but I have to make the best with my situation.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:16 pm

So sorry to hear. I am sure we all exude empathy for you.
Not been on holiday since 1992.

Not been anywhere since 2007.

Keep hoping.

Will you get another bite of the cherry??

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Rats on the pokes!! I am so sorry Char, it sure sucks, to have health issues, pain take over our life.
You have my deepest sympathy girl. hugs.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

I just cancelled my vacation plans...crud Empty sad

Post  crt Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:28 pm

So sorry Charlotte. I'm working on the magic wand but other than that, unfortunately I can't help. I hope things will turn around for you soon so that you can go play, pain free!

Hugs,
Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:38 pm

What a bummer Charlotte!

You know I'd still go to the LPGA tournament.Smile The wheelchair wouldn't be permanent and you'd always have a great seat. Who knows what other perks they would give you. Wink My mom had to use canes about 10 years ago because her back got so bad and was almost to a walker. She got it turned around but she was only about 50 when it happened.

Hopefully things turn around for you like they did her. Smile No more heels but also not looking handicapped. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Yes, such a bummer Sad

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Oh Blech! I am so sorry you had to cancel. Just blech! I agree. Go to the LPGA thing. Even if you have to go in a chair. You won't hurt as much and you'll get better seats!

thinking of you

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:48 am

I always use a cane when I go to Disneyland, not just because I need it after walking or standing for a while but because you go to the head of every line!! Very Happy Go to the Tourney, use the chair. We should get some perks out of the misery we deal with everyday!
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:25 pm

I was going to comment on the same thing as Alli. When I was 13, I was on crutches for six months because of an ankle injury. That coincided with my family's trip to Florida. When I sat in a wheelchair (sometimes my dad got all gung-ho about my PT's encouragement to try using my ankle sometimes, and my dad would interpret that to mean that I wasn't allowed a wheelchair for a whole day of walking around one of the Disney parks! That set me back a couple months, I firmly believe), they put me in the front of the line.

But I just wanted to comment that I've been on a couple of long-term vacations in the last year. And I was MISERABLE! Especially my trip to Brazil. I was nervous about going in the first place, but I still kept hopeful. And it set me back at least six months. i was starting to get a bit better with my head, but that trip was horrors! I hardly left the bed and ran through my percocet so fast that I would have really been in trouble, had my brother not had a good friend who is a doctor and who was willing to prescribe me more percocet. And the few times I did go out with my family to visit someone, I ended up really miserable because in Brazil, they sit for hours and hours and socialize, and I didn't want to be there, especially because i couldn't understand the language and was hurting too much. So no more big vacations for me for a long time!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down