migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not meant for this earth...

+12
Kate
Hal
Sara79
crt
tecky
alli
Richard
Dawn
Paradox
HeelerLady
Cathy
pen
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

not meant for this earth... - Page 2 Empty Re: not meant for this earth...

Post  lostinobx Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:17 am

I often feel like I'm not sure what my purpose is here, especially on my "low" days. But when you look around and see others worse off and there are so many, I am thankful that I am here and at least have some semblance of a life. Although, I might not know what it is and what the future holds for me...

It is hard trying to keep a positive attitude when you are constantly in pain and it hardly ever lifts, but I try to think of the little things I have going for me. I also hope that one day, hopefully in my lifetime, there will be a reason, maybe not a cure, but some kind of breakthrough in this disease and that kind of keeps me going.

Hugs!

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:29 am

Dawn , from what I`m reading here, no one is saying that the are always depressed and don`t laugh. Also, some of us have other issues in our lives besides the m. You should never assume that others don`t carry pain around with them other than a migraine.Also, nobody has a right to diminish what someone else is going through.

That little boy that you are talking about will go through grieving. It`s just a matter of time.Right now he could still be in shock.

Kate

Back to top Go down

not meant for this earth... - Page 2 Empty Dawn

Post  Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:21 pm

Let me correct you. A lot of us do not get breaks from our pain. Speak only for yourself please.

Back to top Go down

not meant for this earth... - Page 2 Empty Hard Time

Post  cupatea Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:32 pm

The last 6 months have been terrible....too many days I don't think I belong here. This forum has had this discussion before, and I think it is healthy, though I realize taboo, to talk about it.
A doctor once told me that it is normal to think of death, but if you are planning it then you should seek help.

I'll admit, I've thought about it. Constant chronic pain can do that. I don't have kids to have to be here for. But I have sisters and parents and friends who would be so hurt. I've been too close to people who have committed suicide that I know how painful it is for them. It never goes away.

Yet I appreciate your post and want you to know that you aren't alone. Physical pain is mental pain. No wonder we have these thoughts....

I guess we just need to get through each day at a time...

Take care,
Tea
cupatea
cupatea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:13 pm

tea- I have to agree with you. Thoughts aren't all bad, especially when we're in pain, and certain that our creator will welcome us back with no pain at the end. However, if you are low enough that you are making plans, PLEASE, reach out to someone. This is why I offered my phone number via PM, although I am mostly a lurker.

Anyways, this has been a bad day for me, so I'm going to run away to my pillow now.

Take care all!

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:35 pm

It's been such a blessing for me to have found all of you on this forum..my angels on earth.

I pray a lot..cry a lot.. and am truly thankful for the things despite my health that I do have. So blessed to have my family and friends to lean on when I need a pick me up. My sons have the ability to make me smile..even if my body isn't responding the way it should..

It makes me so sad when people are suffering with so much pain..health issues, emotional , etc. Life can be completely overwhelming at times.

Thank you guys for who you are and thankful for what each of you brings to this forum..a true blessing.

Love,
Greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2