migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not meant for this earth...

+12
Kate
Hal
Sara79
crt
tecky
alli
Richard
Dawn
Paradox
HeelerLady
Cathy
pen
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

not meant for this earth... Empty not meant for this earth...

Post  Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:32 am

Do you ever feel you are not meant for this earth. I certainly do. What keeps you going??

Back to top Go down

not meant for this earth... Empty Re: not meant for this earth...

Post  pen Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:48 am

My family and the internet.... this forum.
But its hard.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:05 am

I know exactly what you mean. There are times I think I can't take it any more and getting to the next day seems impossible. When other people find solutions to their migraines and you don't and your life is all pain, it does seem like you're not meant for this world.

I just had a reaction to magnesium in an i.v. this week where my blood pressure went sky high and they thought I was having a heart attack (and I did too). Usually magnesium makes blood pressure go low, but mine did the opposite. I think it has something to do with my blood pressure meds. I feel like I'm not from this planet, like I should be outside watching for the mother ship to pick me up soon or phone home like E.T.

Like Pen, what keeps me going is my family, my grandkids, and the knowledge that they would miss the few good hours I have with them. And the thought that somewhere out there is an answer to the pain.

This forum has been like a lifeline thrown to a drowning person for me. I felt like I was the only one and I see there are others living through it and I read their solutions, including yours, and it gives me hope. We have to hang in there and do it together. Take care of yourself.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

not meant for this earth... Empty Thanks for the replies

Post  Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:30 pm

I just found this forum in March. I can't believe how much it helps. I, like you, felt I was completely alone in this journey. In the 'real' world I still am. Funnily, I'm beginning to feel this forum IS the real world! I see there are only 200 plus members. A small amount in the scheme of things. Funny how important they have become. In such a short period of time. I guess I will keep going. Not any other choice. And watch the 'real' world go by....

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:51 pm

One day Gail, maybe the world will slow down a little and let us catch up.
Meanbwhile, and I hope it is not a long meanwhile, at least we do have here.
Isnt it ironic that we get told to stay off forums.....shows what they know...
Pen
Oh and we are heading for 350 members now, but most of them dont post.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:09 pm

I wish more would post. They don't know how much good it does to be a part of a community. I mean there are people worse than I am, better than I am and others that just understand what I deal with.

I determined a long time ago that I wasn't going to let this run my life. It does to an extent but it's I chose not to do things because I feel awful that day. I still do the things I love, except when I'm afraid I'll puke in public. Or I'm a witch - I'd rather people not see me like that because it's not who I am.

This forum has been a life saver. To find others that have been there and understand. Just amazing as this disease is so lonely. I know there's a gal from the forum that lives rather close and I need to call her. I've just been in a bad string lately (all sorts of goofy weather) but that is just an excuse.

I say "seize the day", today is today and even if it's crap, it's another day you are living. Find one thing to enjoy (even if it's being medicated to the gills and sitting outside under a tree). Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Yes, Ive been feeling that way lately. Where do I fit in? I feel so old for my age.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawn Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:58 am

Oh yeah, I have certainly felt like I am in the wrong place...for me, I am in this horrible cycle of 8 days of migraines, then 7 days off. I suffer 192 days a year, so yeah...there are many times I just want to give up. But I cannot run away, as these migraines will follow me to the ends of the earth, and the only way to escape them is death. Since that is not an option at the moment, I have no choice but to keep on going. but, see those three people in my picture with me? THAT'S my incentive to keep me going.

My poor kids are always amazing me with their compassion, empathy, and love. My little Ava says "mommy I wish you didn't get headaches." I ask her why. She says "cuz I don't want you to hurt anymore mommy." Then we both just sit there and cry in each others arms.

My boy Wes is there for me too. He rubs my back for me when I am hovered over the toilet throwing up from the pain, telling me "mommy it will be ok, I'll take care of you! My hubby is my rock too. Granted there are days he is less than sympathetic, but for the most part, I know I can count on him!

Usually 6 days into a whopper M, my back spasms, I'm puking, and hallucinating from lack of sleep (3 days or more without sleep) he rubs my back, and listens to my rants about how I'm a good person, and I've done nothing so horrible in this life or the last to deserve this! Just having him there to listen to me and kind of coach me through the pain means everything to me.

This forum too has been a blessing. It saddens my heart to see so many people suffering, but oddly comforting to see that I am not alone...By the way, heeler...I see you live in Wisconsin, as do I. We are moving to Cornell, WI within the next month or so. You close by?

Dawn
Dawn
Dawn

http://www.greenourliving.com

Back to top Go down

not meant for this earth... Empty Dawn

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:33 am

I just wanted to say that is a lovely family photo. I wish you all the best. G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:16 am

Last night I held a 26 year old man as he sobbed in pain over a child hood molestation. funny, I shared my life pain with him - but the pain that came to my mind was not disabling migraines - it was living with the grief over the loss of my beloved husband.

At the age of 58, I believe Walt Disney sold my generation a false bill of goods. there really isn't any "happily ever after." Life seems to me to be all about the way each of us deals with the pain of our lives - illness, death, war, financial difficulties, loneliness - we have so many "painful words" in English - and I believe everyone has life pain to deal with - if they don't yet, they will - grief will hit us all.

Not to say there is not great joy and love in life - it is the joy of love that makes the pain of life not only bearable but really gives us a reason to live. but life is never all loving joy - it is more pain than joy - else we would not appreciate the moments of joyful love so much.

Well, enough Sunday philosophy - I woke up feelng poorly BUT I am having lunch with some kids and their parents whom I love dearly. Pain and joy - a salad for life.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:44 am

I've felt like it is all just too much but my kids keep me going. My kids are my biggest support and always have been. Without them, I know I would have given up a long time ago. Raising them while having chronic migraines was a lesson in patience and fortitude. Now I'm too stubborn to just give in.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:06 pm

It is hard to keep slogging on every day. I was out at an event today and could feel an M descending. When I woke up no symptoms but things just progressively decline. I have to attend a wake tonight - not that I was looking forward to it in the first place but I really don't want to go. I'm hoping it won't take long to get through just for the fact that I want to be home hiding and snuggling with the dogs.

Dawn - I live near Madison but went to school in River Falls and don't envy your winters. I complain enough about mine. Razz
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:27 pm

Richard wrote:Pain and joy - a salad for life.

Well said, Richard! flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

not meant for this earth... Empty maybe I don't belong here

Post  crt Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:00 pm

I think you are talking about something related to the constant pain. I feel like an alien but it's more about being baffled by humans than physical pain. I feel like I might have gotten off the spaceship on the wrong planet. alien

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

not meant for this earth... Empty Chris

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Yes. I feel the same way. People are too confusing for me. I was talking about the chronic pain. But, I think it's definately more...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:30 pm

I wish that this forum had a hug smiley...I feel like you could use one, even if it's an e-hug (((((hug))))). I hope that this is just the blues over your pain and insomnia, but if you really do feel like you're not meant for this Earth, PLEASE, call or talk to someone! I'm not a counselor, but if you're struggling that much, let me know and I'll PM you my number. Sorry if I'm taking this too serious, but I knew someone who did commit suicide, and it's left an emotional scar.

I also feel badly that I've waited so long to reply, but it was me trying to not let my emotions make me overreact.

Also, if this doesn't make sense, I couldn't find a sub for work, and so I had to use the much stronger meds to make it thru my shift. All the storms coming through Kansas have left me a wreck.

Take care, and let me know if you need my number, I've been up all night too, and wouldn't mind talking at all.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:24 pm

STOP THE WORLD, I want to get off! OK, the truth is that I come from the sixth planet of a star located just a few lightyears away from the second star in Orion's belt. I know I am an alien because I have this affliction that no one can see and no one knows anything about.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:32 am

Hal,

We must all be aliens, because quite often they cannot even see us.

P alien

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:07 am

Hal- Thank you for your first line. It took me back a number of years when DH and I were dating, and would often end up at the midnight Rocky Horror Showing. I needed the smile.

lol!

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes, Richard, you are so right. There is no"happily ever after" in this life. Though some would like to believe that there is. I do think the media perpetuates this fantasy on a daily basis. Also, people speak of being "happy" all of the time. That`s another falacy. We will have ~moments ~ of happiness but it`s not constant, 24/7.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:55 pm

THANK YOU KATE! I know some people that think one should be happy 24/7 and if you are not, there is something wrong with you. Maybe those people should see a shrink.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

not meant for this earth... Empty keeping going

Post  dawn.binks Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:12 am

yes all the people we have in our lives does keep me going but also the thought that there are so many so much worse, a aneighbour of mine is a little blind 8 year old boy whos mother and sister died of cancer last year and the dad took his lfe because he couldnt handle it, so the grandparents bring him up. im just grateful we do get breaks from the pain . this little boy will never get a break from it and even when we have a mig we can cuddle our children, this boy doesnt have a mommy to cuddle anymore. we can make a differnce to eachother and those around us. it is so easy to get depressed with chronic pain but the answer is in looking outside of our pain and seeing the pain of others, maybe thats why we belong on this planet because we can empathise with them.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:30 am

Hal,

Have to agree with you. If you're happy 24/7 there's something seriously wrong with you and you should be under psychiatric care. lol!
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

not meant for this earth... Empty indeed

Post  crt Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:59 am

HeelerLady wrote:Hal,

Have to agree with you. If you're happy 24/7 there's something seriously wrong with you and you should be under psychiatric care. lol!

I'm voting with you two. When someone walks around with a constant smile pasted on his/her face, it's time for the big butterfly net.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

not meant for this earth... Empty smiling 24/7

Post  dawn.binks Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:57 am

my little neighbour the blind boy smiles all the time and is just the happiest boy there is and yet having buried his mom, dad and sister wed expect him to be the saddest. hes a trememndous example to us. at least we get breaks from our pain, he doesnt.why not smile through the tears, at least that boy will be remembered for his smiles and what better way to be remembered for. laughter is a great form of therapy.hands up all those who want to be remembered for being depressed for what life has thrown at them??
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next