migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those of us that have migraines with CFS/ME/FMS

2 posters

Go down

For those of us that have migraines with CFS/ME/FMS Empty For those of us that have migraines with CFS/ME/FMS

Post  pen Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:36 am

THIS is big news here in the UK.
This doctor is respected and writes a weekly column in our Daily Mail

Finally he has his moment of realisation.
I don't know if it will help us, but it is a step in the right direction. Cool

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1304:dr-martin-scurr-has-his-eureka-moment-daily-mail-7-june-2010&catid=30:news&Itemid=161

pen

Back to top Go down

For those of us that have migraines with CFS/ME/FMS Empty Re: For those of us that have migraines with CFS/ME/FMS

Post  pen Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:52 pm

I have spoken to our Migraine charity and been told that the feeling amongst a panel of drs and neuros is that migraine is an inflammatory disease. I was also told that my IBS and Fibro could be primary and my migraine secondary.

THAT is why I was so excited that this well respected doctor has been big enough to admit that ME/CFS is "real" and gone on to mention the possible viral connection.

I know some of you also have these conditions. Please think about whether your Migraines might be primary or secondary...
It could be hopeful for you. Maybe not today, but sooner rather than later perhaps.

pen

Back to top Go down

For those of us that have migraines with CFS/ME/FMS Empty Re: For those of us that have migraines with CFS/ME/FMS

Post  estre004 Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:07 pm

This is very interesting. I have always thought that the migraine was secondary to something else going on. In my case, I don't have any of these diseases (nice of him to admit they are actually diseases finally so a cure/relief/or something can be done about them). I do have arthritis though which is an inflammatory disease which I probably got around the same time as the migraines. I have never experienced any pain from the arthritis (my hands and fingers are just getting a little weaker). Maybe the pain is manifesting in my head instead Twisted Evil .

Also a colleague of mine who also has migraines was prescribed anti- inflammatory drugs as preventives. They have done wonders for her. I do worry somewhat about long term side effects though. These drugs are the same ones I was prescribed for the arthritis although I never got the prescription because I wasn't having any pain. Very interesting. It is amazing that doctors have taken so long to put much thought into migraines, especially since they are so disabling. I wonder if it is for the same reasons a lot of "ailments" have slipped through the cracks. They are primarily "women" diseases and have even been passed off in a lot of cases as psychological in origin.

I'm glad we have men on our forum (not glad you suffer) but to help put the whole migraine theories in the garbage and start anew.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down