migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking triptans on consecutive days.

+7
crt
Brenda
WitsEnd
LizzieB
dcook60
HeelerLady
pen
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Taking triptans on consecutive days. - Page 2 Empty Re: Taking triptans on consecutive days.

Post  msmolly Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:26 am

My neuro said a migraine is a migraine, rebound or not. And, to treat it! Did I mention I love this guy? Smile
msmolly
msmolly

Back to top Go down

Taking triptans on consecutive days. - Page 2 Empty Re: Taking triptans on consecutive days.

Post  pen Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:28 am

msmolly wrote:My neuro said a migraine is a migraine, rebound or not. And, to treat it! Did I mention I love this guy? Smile

I dont blame you Molly. I would too.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:36 am

I have to go with msmolly. I've read that the more migraines you do not abort, the more you are going to have. Get rid of them--don't sit and think about it. I know I do not have rebounds. I wouldn't listen to any doctor who said I did.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:44 am

I didnt think you would Linda, and I dont blame or disagree with you.
I don't know if maybe we get told more about it.
Seems to be more the neuros than GPS
The neuros say that is because the GPS dont understand.....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:48 am

I've had a lot more luck with my GP than my neuro. My GP prescribed the Migranol. My neuro gave me Topamax. One was my salvation, the other a nightmare.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Shelli, I'm relieved to hear someone else takes triptans on consecutive days for weeks sometimes. I am of course so sorry that you have to Crying or Very sad but am glad I'm not alone, apart from Diane.

I've been having a monster time for quite a while now, spend more than half my time in bed and rarely have a day without a triptan. I'm not enjoying life at the moment. Sorry to be such a cheerful soul!!

As I've said on here before, I'm pretty sure I DO have rebound migraines. The two week medication hell break in January almost certainly confirmed it for me as after it, I managed over a week without a triptan and things were definitely better for a short while. Then it was quickly down the slippery slope again. Subsequently speaking to other people, a 3 month break ( Shocked ) would have been much more helpful.

It would seem logical to go without again to improve things but it was such a dire experience, I can't face it again at the moment. My husband went through it with me and he can't take any time off work at the moment, I have a mother to look after, daughter who needs help at the moment, etc. So it's a no win, just take the tablets.

Pen, if there's any way, with help, that you could have a medication break, it would at least give you peace of mind that you have/haven't got MOH. There's no other way to find out.

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Liz, I am sorry you are having such an awful time. You sound as if you are having a similar time to me. Only more so.
I had a lousy autumn, a lousy winter and so called spring is no better.
MIA say it is the weather, but we always have weather

Are you really taking so many Triptans? If they are giving them to you, they cant be totally unhappy with that can they?

I have had the odd medication break. I did have 8 days in April and the beginning of May.
At the moment I am more concerned with what we are told and how much evidence there is, than my own situation.
I talked to MIA, the neuro and my GP. None of them thought I was taking enough to be a true candidate, and also the pains that I get never vary and I never take more medication. I get the odd month where I take one more....last month. But it isnt going up and the OTC are less because the neruo told me to take Triptans instead.

I am going to try Butterbur as we are getting such good feedback. Have you tried it Liz? I cant remember.

Take care.
Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 pm

I've only had one day without a triptan in the last week, usually I manage a couple.

I haven't tried butterbur but have read the thread and it does sound positive for some, that's great. It does sound worth a try but I'm a bit shaky about the cost at the moment. However, yes it must be worth giving it a go.

I'm sorry you and for everyone who's having a bad time at the moment.

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:26 pm

LIz,

Get the Swansons one, it is just under a fiver for the month. 60 75mg tabs....take 2 a day.
This is MUCH cheaper than the Petadolex and just as good.
Several on here are on the Swansons and the drs say its fine.
Check out the threads.

Hope that helps. If you need a UK seller, let me know.
Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2